Does anyone think that 17 is a bigger age than 16?

I always thought it should be "sweet 17" rather then "sweet 16". I feel like 17 is the bigger, better age where teens feel different. Does anyone agree/disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, 17 is bigger than 16. By 6.25% to be precise.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I mean the same could go for QuinceaƱera. That's to celebrate someone becoming 15. It's a milestone in hispanic culture. So, no, I don't really think it's all that big a deal. I didn't feel any different when I became 17. It's not so much about the number that makes me feel different. It's the different events that happen in my life at different points that make me feel different.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• I think if anything it should be 18- because in most countries thats the legal age, however the drinking aside from some countries isn't legal yet.

• Sweet 16 is mainly called sweet because it represents a milestone where you're old enough to drive.

• lol I always felt like " sweet 18" was better