Am I the cause of someone suicide attempt?

A girl that I was once really good friends with was throwing a New Year's eve party. Because of school, clubs, different sports we're not as close but I still say hi to her and have conversations. She invited a whole bunch of people over that I guess didn't show up or cancel at the last minute. I received a text today from her to never talk to her again and that she just got out of the hospital from trying to kill herself from the stress I cause and to go ahead and pick my other friends that her and I hope, karma follows me into the new year. I keep telling myself that it's not me that she just needs some help but my emotions are getting the better of me. Should I talk to her, apologized, leaver her be?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, you weren't the only person to be invited; thus, I would say no. Her stress and lack of control of her life caused her to the suicide attempt.

Most Helpful Girl

• Talk to her and reach out a hand of friendship to her, but don't apologise because you aren't responsible for her actions. Only she is.

People who attempt suicide or succeed in committing suicide always have underlying issues. There's never one particular incident which causes them to want to end their life. They have long- term issues and most of the time no one is aware of it.

She obviously needs professional help. When people feel such despair they don't really want to end their life they just want to end their emotional suffering.

She is soley responsible for how she responds to life and the people around her , and she is also responsible for seeking help, although others can support and encourage her.

Never feel you are to blame for someone else's behaviour, because that's a heavy burden to carry when you. ❤

What Guys Said 3

• I read down below that you yourself wasn't invited.

So.. No. It's not your fault.
    You may try to tell her this but if she would not hear it, I suggest you leave her be.

• its probably not you but a whole mess of people and past things that people never forget

• I wish I was invited to her party. I could've made her happy.

What Girls Said 4

• Well did you not show up? It would be little rude to show up without even informing her. But she was good friends with you but I if you really did have plans and you canceled and apologized I don't understand why she would blame you so harshly. Although judging myth suicide attempt and nasty text messages, she obviously has some kind of mental illness, probably a form of depression. Poor girl. I would talk to her, meet up with her for a coffee and just talk out her problems with her.

• She actually does have some things she went through: anorexia/ bulimic, anxiety, depression. She's had plans and thoughts on suicide in the past. I would get text from her saying she's having deep thoughts and needed a confidence boost. In school now she doesn't have much friends but I always give her the benefit because I've know her so long even though we are in different social groups (she's a dancer and I play music). She never invited me. Some mutual friends texted me asking if I was going but I my response was that I couldn't because I was having family over.

• Well I don't understand why she went full blown sassy on you. Just text her or give her a call asking her if she wants to go get a coffee together. Then apologize to her that you couldn't make it and you're really sorry not many people show up and ask her if she wants to talk things through. Thats what a real friend is. Good luck

• THATS BS! Don't worry about it! You can't control what other people are doing! Look for atention! If she wants people to show they care about her! I would know!

• Tha stress that you caused? Did you try to explain to her why you weren't able to make it? Or ar least tell her before the even that you couldn't attend for whatever reason so that you wouldn't stand her up?

• I was never invited. But some mutual friends of ours asked if I was going and I just responded I couldn't because I have a large family and they always come over to our house.

• Oh if you were never invited I don't see why you should ever think to blame yourself.

• What she did had nothing to do with you and it's messed up how She tried to put the blame on you. That's not fair. Keep her out of your life, you owe her no apology she owes you one.