What type of experiences affect you the most: good or bad?

What kind of experiences do you let them affect you the most?
For example, a girl dates 3 good guys, then 1 bad guy, and thinks all guys are bad. Or a guy who has had 3 good girls, and 1 that cheated on him, and thinks all girls are cheaters.

Do bad experiences affect you more than the good ones?

• Bad experiences affect me more
  • Good experiences affect me more
  • I try to have a balance

Most Helpful Girl

• Bad experiences affect me more simply because as humans we tend to think negative!

Most Helpful Guy

• More is remembered, and learned, through bad experiences! Unfair why good times don't have as much overall impact on their lives.

What Girls Said 7

• I let negative experiences affect me way too much. I beat myself up over them and dwell for way too long.

• I think it's just like getting 10 good comments and one bad, you tend to forget about the good ones and starts to over think the bad one because you're human, but it also depends on what kind of person you are, if you usually have a positive or a negative way of seeing things. (Optimists, realists, pessimists..)

• i vaguely remember one of my psychology books stating that negative memories stick better than good ones as they are strengthened by amgydala as part of survival mechanism.

• of course bad experiences affect me more cause they hurt.
    and during the bad experiences I appreciate the good ones I had.
    so definitely it affects me the most in a positive and negative way all together

• First and only one to comment!! Hahaha thanks, I was wondering if no one was gonna comment, it took 4hrs xD

• it s a good question :)

• I thought so too, but it's not about sex, so it won't get much attention xD

• I always have a balance, it's for the best I think 😃

• Bad experiences hurt and cause a lot of pain so it's really memorable. Good experiences are great while they last though. But for your example I would be mostly affected by the good guys I've met

• It's nice to hear someone say good affects them more, I can't say the same for myself.
      Do you think if people let good experiences affect them more, they'll be happier?

• well probably since they won't be focusing on all the negative in their lives... i'm pretty negative myself bh lol but for your example, if I've only had one bad experience with a guy and the rest were good then i ould be affected by the good relationships.

• Someone tells me I'm pretty I remember it for a day or two but when someone says I'm ugly I remember it for years

What Guys Said 3

• I learned to push down bad experiences early in life. It's about balance for me, maintaining the idea that life goes on and what is affecting me right now may not necessarily affect me tomorrow.

• Definitely bad experiences, but more in an educational way, kind of like learning from any mistakes I had made.

• What if I'm a bad guy? Do I have a say in this?