Do father's love their own children as much as the mother does?

Men seem to be able to turn their backs on their own children easier than women do. Although women disown their kids too, father's do it a hell of a lot more often than women do. Why is this , in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• My father left my mother when she was pregnant with me. I was raised by a step father. I raise my daughter as a single father. I had to learn to be nurturing and not only be a father but a mother as well. I love my little lass more than anything and I don't understand guys who don't want to be with their kids.
    I do get a lot of pressure from work and other sources that think I should just leave my child to be raised by a woman and spend all my time working like men are supposed to. But I can't and don't want to. It has cost me promotions and respect. Society also does very little to teach men how to be fathers and caregivers and support them, so many men are at a complete loss when it comes to children. When I got divorced I looked for resources available to men in Canada where I live, I found there are no resources for men whatsoever, but there are many, many for women.
    In general life as a man I'm treated much differently than mothers are treated, no allowances are made for me

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the individual parent. It has nothing to do with the gender or the child. Some people are just better parents than others.

What Guys Said 5

• We have a society that encourages people to not accept responsibility for themselves.

• You mean men !! not people , because it's mostly men who turn their backs on their children

• No, I mean everyone, because I was not limiting my comments to children.

• It's the same, just expressed a bit differently. The reason for your reason is because those men grew up in dysfunctional families and never found the answers they needed.

• My mom says her Dad loved her more than her mom. I think it depends on the indivisual.

• My kids mean the world to me. My wife always says if we got divorced she'd leave them with me. I don't believe her, but wish that were true, if it happened.

Women are supported far more then men in prioritizing their kids over say career. And in divorce court, not only do women expect to get kids, but they are encouraged to do so, since the money follows the kids.

• we can't generalize this some men do some don't , some females do some females don't

• Of course we can generalize. It's a fact that more men turn their backs their children than women do/ People use the word generalize when they have nothing to offer in a debate.

• like i said this is probably because the mother-child connection is stronger

• ok thanks!

What Girls Said 2

• To answer the question: I think that fathers love their children as equally as mothers do. Maybe a different kind of love, because I think men love differently than women, but still equally.
    To address the comment: I'm not sure that fathers do it more than mothers. I think it's pretty equally split down the middle, and I think the reason goes back to many things. People are having children without being married for one, so it's therefore easier to walk away. People are ao caught up in lust that they forget (or take the risk) that sex often leads to children but they're not concerned with the future consequences of their choice, they're too wrapped up in the now. So they end up parents with someone who they never even loved or never had intentions of being with more than a moment. Obviously that could push one or both parents away. Then these same children who were born to the parents in those scenarios are growing up in single parent homes and often times working single parent lonely homes and they find themselves in the same position as their parents were. And that cycle goes on.

• I disagree! Statistics show that more father's walk away from there kids than mothers do. It certainly is NOT equal. Even in my city alone, there are very few mothers who have left their children, but a great number of men have. Plus , everything you stated about "not being married" and only" caught up in lust" are only reasons for the couple not staying together, it doesn't explain why a father would disown his child and turn his back on him/her. the mother could be in the same

The reasons why the parents don't stay together is not the issue, because i am talking about turning their back on their child and not being in the child's life at all, regardless of why the couple are not together. I am not talking about being a single parent , i am talking about men who act like their child does not exist

• No need to take offense! What you are stating proves a women's love is stronger than a man's. I am not attacking men , you have misunderstoold. . I am merely pointing out a fact... Men are not emotionally attached to their children. You proved that point too

• I'm not mad. Sorry if it sounds that way = )

• Nah... my dad loves me!!! But the thing is my dad a big kid who works all the time! <3