When is the right age to move out of parents house?

Some teens start working at 16, some of them (17+) move out bc their parents told them to, and thats soo crazyy i mean iknow that most parents want their children to be responsible but they can't make them at this very young age even if they're 18 and legal, they should study, hang out and party at this age, they'll be responsible when they finish uni and start working a good job and sucess, here in lebanon most parents won't accept their children to work before they finish uni, with not any job, they don't even tell them to move out if they don't want to (of course when they be legal); in US all i see on yahoo is moving out at 18 and working some people drop college to work, oh jesus. Parents should not accept this and understand that responsibility isn't easy at a young age, they shouldn't be ignorant! soo what's ur opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on what you can afford. it seems silly to send your kids away based on age, just throwing them out because they have been alive for 18 years. Unless you want them to resent you for about 20 years more.

What Guys Said 11

• My son moved to another city at 18, to study.
    I left home at 22 to do my military duty.
    My wife left home at 23 when she was appointed in a job at 40 mi from her parents' home.

• 22/23 is a not bad age to move out especially when you have a good a well paid job. Did you pay for your son's uni/college or not? if not don't tell me bc ill be depressed and what does he work?

• You are good parents that's what most parents should be 👏👏👏

• Most people I know do it that way. My parents only paid the tuition for me, (everything for my brothers).
      I know what it is to be pennyless at the uni cafetaria.

• You should move out when you can afford to move out. If you are working hard on your studies and your parents are willing to help you, then you should take advantage of it.

• Never move out of your parents house unless you've actually got a career planned for yourself and a job that is a part of those career plans. Anything else and you'll just be living paycheck to paycheck

• I left home when I was 16.

• Oh geez and who paid for bills and college?

• My parents paid for all expenses the first two years of college, but I lived 400 miles away from home. The last two years, I had a job to cover some of the expenses.

• Waww you're strong

• Living at home is not a shame! I know so many people of all ages who do, even 30+ and some have their own stabile bussines! Why wouldn't u stay at home and save money? Is it such a drama? If you have a girlfriend you can visit her house. NO BIG DEAL!

• First of all im talking about teens who are still studying second i said nothing about living at home is a shame third of coursee when people finish uni should move out and they can do whatever they want, their house, their rules

• Yeah... a job...

As if it's so easy in this era... xD

• I was emancipated at 15 because I had a job and lived with a friend. (My dad was a sneaky guy during the divorce) I had no idea it happened until I was 18 and in the service.

• its the same with us (turks). almost all the muslims have the same culture because muslims often move out of house when they have finished school or when they are going to marry.

• Im not talking about muslims here they have their own culture not everyone is muslim my point is that teens should not move out at a young age and parents should not accept that

• we can't know what on the parents mind goes so
      ..

• usually its 18 when you go off to college.

• Ok what if they don't have enough money to move out?

• Okay the first problem is the negligence of the parents, they should work to pay for their children college bc its expensive which kid in this damn word can savee enough money for college? which job will pay him well to afford his needs other than college scholarship is it a waiter? a babysitter? and who accept to clean toilets? be a stripper for example just to pay for college? This is subservience and no parents should let their children to work any of these jobs i think its their part to take care of their children, noone told them to have kids

• i agree completely.. i believe it's a parents responsibility to provide or at least supplement their child's college fund. unfortunately w/ 50% of the moms under 30 being single moms, that means less to nothing in terms of a college fund.

• Lol I was on my own you either sink or swim I was homeless and still managing high school

• And where were your parents when you were homeless? what kind of parents do you have? ughh

• Sorry to hear that. How about your own home? who paid for your uni, college, food, and other needs? How about your inheritance?

• No home no inheritance I'm poor no college until now

• About 13 is the right age.

What Girls Said 6

• I wanna move out but it isn't an option for me because houses here in London are like ridiculously over the top crazy... .__. I'll start living on campus for uni next year but I don't think I'll be legit "moving out" in a really long time though. Unless I do joint living sharing a flat with a friend or something after uni.

They may just be doing the same thing their parents did to them, by basically kicking them out of the house. That kind of parenting tends to be repeated down the line... I think 16 years old living on their own can be fine, as long as they know how to take responsibility of themselves, sure it isn't easy but life ain't easy.

• There's no real age to move out, it's whenever you feel you can financially support yourself on your own and you feel ready to take that step.

• And noone can support himself financially unless he finish uni and start a good job bc nor a waiter neither a babysitter.. Can support themselves financially, bc human have needs other than spending money on bills

• Yeah. My parents are good to me, since I'm paying my way through college I'm allowed to stay at both of their houses for free which is nice, I just have to help out around the house.

• Of coursee hats off to your parents 🙌🏽

• The best time for me to move out will be when I'm tired of living off my parents, going by their rules, and depending on them. I'll move out when i'm ready to be my own responsibility.

• well you know I am with you on that.

• 18, most people live in dorms with parents finacial support and financial aid.

• I actually like moving out young. A job at that age is not an actual job, more like part time. They'll study while working.