Is Tinder mainly considered a hookup app for promiscuous people?

I just got Tinder on my phone, and I've gotten a few matches, but I heard that most of the time people use it for Hookups?

If I'm not a "Hook up" type of person, should I avoid Tinder?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.
    As far as I'm aware you can talk beforehand. I would just tell their your intentions before meeting.

What Girls Said 8

• Great question! I've wondered the same thing... I think the general perception of Tinder is that is is a hookup app. I've heard of good success stories, though, from people who really were serious about a relationship and had common desires and goals. But I don't think Tinder is going to be the best way to get what you're looking for. I don't use Match. com, but I would think this site would be a bit better. Generally, the dating sites are going to have more intentional people. Best wishes! :D

• Some of the time yes, however you can find potential bf/gf material if you just state you're looking for something more.

• I wouldn't imagine that it would be any more of a hookup site than POF, match or any other dating site. I even have a friend who once tried to use ChristianMingle as a hookup site (I'm dead serious) so nothing surprises me, but on the flip side you have the same chances of finding true love on tinder as any other site as long as you make it a point to state specifically what you are looking for. Good luck.

• ya that the feel i get!

• I can't take dating sites seriously.

• Of course!!

• I wondered the same thing.. but I guess it depends on your demografic more than anything.. 99,9% of the guys I have been in contact with on tinder wanted hook ups or were Just weird ass people lol

• Not only Tinder, most dating sites these days are wrongly used by the people. I hardly find decent guys there. Not like before.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, it absolutely is a hook-up app. I mean, let's be honest - it's asking you to "swipe" people based on a single picture. No real RELATIONSHIP app is going to try to match you that way.

Anyone that doesn't realize that Tinder is a "hookup app" is delusional.

• I find this funny... Its advertised as a hook up app... Sorry (great advertising tho).. I have never met a girl that just wanted sex... I know some girl on here say otherwise (up/down vote accordingly).. But every girl i ever had sex with wanted something more serous than just sex... Its great as a dating app.. Would not suggest for hook ups.. I have no suggestins for hook ups..

• Hahaha.. 1 downvote... Do a poll dude.. Most said just to chat. . then serous relatiobships... I dont even remember the hook up vote but it was small.

• Yes, and don't be fooled by the girls who say "I don't do hookups" on their profile. They may not hookup with YOU, but it's practically garanteed they have hooked up with other guys on the site

• I have heard that for your age group it is but talk to people your own age who use it. When I used it though people my age seemed to be using it as a dating app but that could be the age thing.

• Depends where u live I think

• It's a hookup app. for all women and a select few males. I mean it's possible to find the future wife/mom of your kids on there... so is going to a strip club.

• Nah. I've actually had a few successful Tinder dates. Here in Chicago, I'd say most people use it for dates, not hookups.

• That... And for people who want to pose as what they are not. Many "girls" are guys or old women in other countries who will try to extract something from you in the end.

Bottom line: yes, it is not for you.

• The times I've used tinder, it seems the girls are just looking for long term relationships :/ I haven't met any girls looking for a hookup. It's not a bad thing but I've always heard of it as a hookup app

• then don't go, nobody is forcing you.

• It's the perfect place to get da herp de derps.

• Tinder's primarily focus is hookups, with relationships being a secondary focus. That doesn't mean it's everyone on tinder's primary focus, it's just that's the core audience, much like at the other end of things eHarmony or Match. com are very much long-term relationship focused.

Be honest about what you're looking for. I'd guess a higher percentage of the girls are hoping for dating than the guys.

• It's meant to be but all the women have made it about "relationships" for God sake.
    Message 100 women and get back 1 response which is a rejection.