If your friend wrote a book would you tell them if it's bad?

Scenario: Your best friend wrote a book that took them a very long time and they worked super long at it. They were extremely proud of it and excited to show you. You read the book and it fucking sucks lol
Then they ask for your opinion, do you tell them it was terrible or do you lie and say you like it

Most Helpful Girl

• Even though I would want to lie about it I think I would have to do the right thing and tell them that it was bad. And maybe tell them the specific they should fix and help them improve

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough one - I would try to steer a middle course of not getting their hopes up of getting a publishing deal without stamping all over their feelings.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I'd tell them it was terrible. If they were my friend they would expect my brutal honesty.

• I don't want to hurt their feelings, but I also don't want to lie because it might end bad, so I try my best to tell them that they can do better without hurting them.