Why am I randomly depressed?

I went though this really bad depression about 5 or so years ago and it lasted for about 3 1/2 years and now it's back but I don't know why

Most Helpful Guy

• Depression comes and goes unless you know for a fact something is causing it don't dwell on it instead search for coping mechanisms that will help you through it. I found researching on the net helps even the act of being constructive helps you cope better, One of the classics is start a journal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Has anything changed recently in your life? Any negative moments? Is school bothering you? Are your grades suffering? Is your home and/or social life any different? Many, if not all, of us experience depression. Examine your life and see where things may need improvement. Work on those parts as best you can. Be around those that are supportive and positive. Do things that you enjoy doing whether that'd be walking, reading books, hanging out with friends and family, watching TV, listening to music, etc... If need be, talk to a doctor. Maybe see a therapist or psychologist or psychiatrist. Take care of yourself. :)

• The only thing that really changed is my aunt died but I don't think that's it cause whenever people talk about it or I think about it I don't really feel anything

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• Depression has its ups and downs, it's not always going to be at the highest amount, and there will be some days where you feel normal, some days where you feel happy and some days where you feel like shit, it's important that you know that it doesn't just disappear and thats ok.

• Me either! i am in the same postion and I am doing much worse!