If your an average looking "plain jane" can you still attract a man with your personality?

I'm not very beautiful but I think I have a pretty cool personality. I'm very outgoing, talkative, funny, and I have a wide variety of hobbies.
I heard from my dad and brothers that men are visual and tend to only go for what they see.
I wanted to know; even if I might not be exactly appealing to someone, is it still possible for me to change the way they see me once they get to know me and see beyond looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I believe so, I mean, physical attraction is a somewhat important step in finding a romantic partner, but that doesn't mean you have to look like a god to find someone. And in the end, personality matters most, a beautiful person with the personality of a rock isn't going to get very far once people start to talk to them. However, having a wonderful personality will pay dividends when trying to find someone you truly want to be with, someone you can talk to and relate to, a connection that's much more than skin deep. Some guys do pick partners simply based on looks, as your dad and brothers said, but not all do. And besides, if that is you in the profile pick, I don't think you have anything to worry about in the looks department. You are a pretty young woman. Just be yourself and I'm sure you'll get along great.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pretty much! hahah!

What Guys Said 13

• It's possible but the question is where are your standards at? At what point will you say that man is not attractive, or what is the lowest in terms of attractiveness and economic status will you date?

• I'm an average looking guy and yet I've dated ladies that are considered way out of my league. Why? Because I go for someone I want regardless of consequences or what people say. I have no problem with rejection and I do not believe in the alpha/beta crap, as well as the out of your league shit. If you're going to limit yourself because of your looks, then you'll end up nowhere; you gotta make best of what you are given.

• Most guys go for the girl with a personality rather then the one with looks
    It's really hard to have a decent life with a good looking girl and be happy because of them are too shallow and have a pathetic personality

• For some guys the personality is just as important as looks

• Beauty is subjective, if you are a "plain Jane" but you aren't inherently repulsive or anything then you will attract *some* people. Most people look fairly average, some people still fall for them.

• Of course. There have been a few times when I met someone and wasn't attracted than I got to know them and was totally attracted

• As a general rule, if you think you can, then by definition, you're too narcissistic to, but if you think you can't, then you're too pessimistic to.

Hoping that you can, but never really quite sure... that's the sweet spot.

• Thing is, a personality can gain someone interest in another and make them more attractive then they seem only because of their personality. if you don't have the best looks. then your personality will surely give you the boost you need to get someone. Once you start talking and being your awesome self you will be able to get people close and then can easily start to like you because of that.

• Yep
    If you've great personality then you can attract 3 out of 5 men at least but you're cute so nothing to worry 😊

• Yes, but probably not attractive men.

• Yes you definitely can. In my eyes the cooler a female is the better she looks in my eyes.

• Not really. It's pretty much all looks.

• yes it goes both ways

What Girls Said 3

• If you're average-looking, then SOME guys out there are going to find you really hot.

Anyway... most women, even "ugly" women, end up finding someone.

• Gurlll, did you just say you were not very beautiful? Because you certainly are!

• attraction can grow from being around someone so yes it can happen