How bad of a turn-off is when someone smokes?

A lot. xD

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 46

• Smoking is an immediate dealbraker for me. I don't want my future children to come out of an nicotine sack.

• Complete turn-off. One can smell smoke on a smokers clothes and kissing would be like licking an ash tray.

• Deal breaker. Tobacco is so repulsive.

• It's pretty much a deal breaker isn't it? How people take care of themselves physically is usually a good indicator of what's going on on more subtle levels.

• The smoking itself is not a turn-off, I've just never encountered a woman smoker who I'd consider "wife material" based on her overall habits and personality. For some reason, girls that are attractive to me don't smoke. Coincidence? Maybe.

• I would never date a smoker.

If you just start smoking after not having smoked, then you lose my trust.

• It's actually one of my deal breakers.. so a big turn off lol

• Its a deal killer

• I'm not the type of faggot to sit there and cough like a little bitch to let them know smoking is gross but it's a huge turn off to me. Would never date a girl who frequently smokes. Weed is a big turn off too.

• For me?

It's 1000% a " TURN-OFF". Yes it will be an outright deal breaker for me, no doubt.

• For some it's a huge turn off, but I could definitely look past that specially when they're thinking of quitting.

• Deal breaker

• I dont mind them smoking weed occasionally but cigarettes and smoking weed on the regular is a turn off.

• Immense turn off. If she smokes i am gone until she doesn't.

• It's pretty hot when girls smoke.

I imagine my penis as the cigarette (since it's similar width-wise).

• Absolute deal-breaker. Can't imagine wanting to kiss someone who smokes.

• HORRIBLE UGH

• Imagine you had to watch a guy shit every hour on the hour to be with him.
    That's how bad of a turn off smoking is.

• Hugeeeeeeeeee

• It's quite a bit of a turn off. I'm surprised a lot of people have found love with that much of an obstacle to deal with. I've never liked smoking and never will.

• I don't care if it's weed but cigarettes are nasty as fuck

• A major turn off if its cigs. I am ok with Weed.

• As much as i Claim to be an alien or robot. I still need to breath. So its a big turn off. Though its hopefully changeable. Hopefully

• I hate the smell, it's expensive and unhealthy. So quite a lot

• if a girl smokes her chances with me decreases by 90%

• To be honest for me it is

• Not turn off at all

• not that much

• Who cares if someone smokes? Get off the self righteous chair. It doesn't fit.

• Apparently a lot of people. More smokers for you though, right?

• What the fuck are you talking about? How is finding smoking repulsive an issue of maturity?

If anything, insecure people pick up the habit because they want to look cool or older.

• @ArtDent you being a moron on a forum is immature. Could care less of your opinion about smoking lol

• It's not attractive at all!

• More from Guys
    16

What Girls Said 15

• A big one. I can't date someone who smokes with no intent to quit. I can't breathe around them otherwise.

• Smoking is disgusting, so yeah, it's a pretty big turn off. But not gonna lie, a lot of guys I've crushed on were smokers 😒 Sadly I liked them anyways.

• Really really bad?

• I switched to vaping because I was even getting repulsed at myself. And now when I smell smoke I want to puke.

• oh you know.. just a freaking lot

• I can't stand smoking. I wouldn't want to get involved with a person who smokes, as I do have asthma and can't handle the smell.

• Not a deal breaker, I've leaves with smoking father my whole life. Also I smell super strongly of cigarettes (even though I've only smoked once), I don't know of that's a turn off tho. Can't really help it tho

• Instant deal breaker. It smells nasty, even their clothes smell, and the taste lingers in their mouth for hours afterwards.

• it says they don`t care about themselves so why would they care about someone else like a girlfriend. If a guy was willing or trying to quiet I would be OK with that other wise move on.

• Like marijuanas?

• I hate it, but I've dated a smoker be4 he wouldn't smoke around me though.

• Yes, A LOT.

• Huuge turn off considering I've got asthma. Lol. And the smell is just repulsive.

• A major turn off

• Big turn off, it's a deal breaker for me.