What's the best thing you've ever done?

For me it was this time an old man dropped his wallet on the street full of cash without realizing. Loads of people were walking behind him and it landed right in front of me. Everyone looked at me as I picked it up to see what I'd do. I ran over to him and tapped him on the shoulder and said "you dropped your wallet, mate" He turned around and shook my hand firmly and said "thank you very much young man" He offered me £10 and I said "keep it, you need it more than I do". People looked at me and smiled as I walked away. Probably one of the best feelings I've ever had the pleasure to have.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I was walking in the city centre one night on my way to meet up with some mates for dinner. On the way I saw a drunk football hooligan racially abusing a homeless man (who was Muslim, I'm assuming) and shouting horrific slurs. The homeless man looked very afraid as if the guy was going to physically attack him. But I kept walking because the football hooligan looked too aggressive for me to handle.

After 10 minutes of walking, I couldn't stop thinking about what I saw, so I turned around to go back and see if the man was still there. The homeless man was still there talking to a few police officers and the nearby restaurant was offering him a free drink, so it looked like it was all getting dealt with at least. I spoke as a witness to the police officers and then I talked to the homeless man for a bit and gave him £5 and he thanked me with a smile. It helped me sleep better that night.

What Girls Said 7

• awwww that's cute and kinda gay lol

The best thing I've ever done is I'd say when I stayed up all night with a friend in a Skype call, even though I was exhausted because they needed me. They texted me around midnight (for some reason I was already asleep) but I woke up. They were having a severe fit of depression and wanted to kill themselves so I called them on Skype and helped them out, just talking. They ended up falling asleep on me around 7 am and when I woke up they told me that they really appreciated what I did for them and that I was a good friend.

• I told off some high school punk who was threatening a special needs student. A group of people laughed at him and he had no comebacks.

• I gave an old lady 2 dollars! Yeah... she was lost I tired to help!

• About two years ago I pulled an all-nighter to talk a friend of mine out of suicide. When a good friend of mine told me he was gay, and I still accepted him is a close second. Especially when my family is all hardcore republican. He said it meant the world to him that I accepted him but I don't think so, I was just being a good friend.

• Awwww that's awesome!!!

Bungee jumping is the best I've done.

I'm always helping, though.

• That was very sweet of you. :) I have returned a wallet as well. So tempting to keep, haha.

• I had a patient once who was being extubated to die. His family knew this. His wife and kids signed his DNR and then they left to go eat lunch. We told them that it would be a quick but they left anyway to go eat!! Maybe he was a jerk to them his whole life, I don't really know. But nobody should have to die alone. So I spent the next 2 hours at his bedside holding his hand and pretending to be whoever he kept calling me. I hope he thought I was someone he loved and someone who loved him back.

• It's understandable someone don't wanna sit there waiting for someone to die regardless of relation to the person. People deal with things differently.

• @croxy yeah they do. Which is why I decided to stay and be with him while he passed away. Because I can deal with that and it broke my heart to think of him dying in a white hospital room that obviously isn't his home, alone, and probably scared. I could handle emotionally staying with him while he passed so I did. And in the end I felt fine about it because he squeezed my hand and talked to me like I was someone he knew. Like I said, I hope he thought I was someone he loved and maybe even got some closer from whatever he was saying.

What Guys Said 2