Is it just me or do people with big/flashy cars act like they own the road?

I have a small car (2005 toyota scion Xa) and I get tailgated at least 2 times everytime I go out driving.

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah quite often. Most high-end car owners have a huge superiority complex. If you're including truck drivers, we get pissed off because very often smaller vehicles dont realize we need more room. And also many people, little car owners especially, dont seem to understand the unwritten rules of the road.
    But usually people who tailgate are just dicks.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I agree, hate them. I don't get how they can be so disrespectful on the road. It's not jus stupid but dangerous too *sigh*

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Big pickup trucks and ricers...

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not my fault my subaru sounds sexy af at 3500-5000 RPM between 1st and second gear

but yea those truck drivers piss me off

1|0
    0|0
  • You probably just drive too slow according to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • 60% of the time someone drives like an asshole around me, it's a BMW. Another 25%, its a BMW owner in training driving a VW. Other 15% is all other cars.

That said where I live, techinically everyone is tailgating. What is actually viewed as tailgating by drivers here is being within a car length or so if the car in front. If you're in the left hand lane of a multilane road and someone is tailgating you, that's viewed as your fault. Otherwise.. . yeah, they're being dicks.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It's somewhat annoying, my boyfriend has a really nice car that goes really fast so sometimes when he's driving I feel he's trying to show off and just cos he can go faster doesn't he can drive dangerously

1|0
    0|0