How sick do you have to be before you stay home from work, or school?

Or even to skip your workout.
How sick do you have to be before you stay home from work,or school?

• Stubbed toe
  • Pretty sick
  • Very sick
  • At Death's door

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• As good as I can fake it. I would concentrate and focus extra hard on trying to up my body temperature when I had the thermometer put in my mouth back in grade school

What Girls Said 13

• It usually takes a fever to get me feeling totally knocked out but then I get fevers pretty quickly like I just had a tonsillitis and my temperature was like 40,5 freaking degrees Celsius lol it's really no fun at all like you go from a sore throat to feeling like you're gonna die real quick 😂😛

• I went to school with a high fever and red eyes and everything because my teacher had no mercy lol, so I think I could still go to school even if I had a flu (I wear a mask and go).

I would stay at home if the illness was really bad that it needs a regular action,
    or if I felt I might cause trouble/inconvenience for others.

• At Death's door!

• I'm so sick I no longer go to school... Now the question is is that a good thing or a bad thing 😕

• feverish/ feeling really shitty, or if i know i'll be busy later in the week so taking a day off sooner would be better for recovering than being really sick and trying to do stuff.

• Common flu is enough :P

• The only way I stay home from school when I am ill is of my mum forces me to stay home. I do not miss school ever

• I have missed lectures due to little things, I can be a hypochondriac sometimes haha.

• Sick enough that it interferes with your daily routine at work/school

• If I can't stop throwing up or feel really faint.

• for work that is.

for highschool/workout, I'd use any excuse. if I didn't want to, then I don't want to.

• Last time I missed work I was in the ER. at the local hospital.

• I blame my parents for this one. Early on in life, they would never allow my brother or I to miss school for any reason. Faking sickness would not have even been possible for us. The one time I was allowed to go home from school, I literally had begged my dad that I was very ill and he of course said, go to school, but on the way there I vomitted profusely in the car, but he STILL made me go, and I kept vomitting and the nurse convinced him that I needed to go home. This never miss a day business just stuck with me. I went to a crazy hard college prep high school and it was like legend the amount of people that came to school no matter what... people with 104 fevers, people puking in buckets and still taking exams. The school was so demanding that if you missed a day, the make-up would take you like 2 weeks to come back from b/c it was so fast paced, so I think I maybe missed one day and regretted it. Work, well, I became a manager, and the manager can never miss a day really, so its a never ending cycle.

• Work ethic is great! Unless of course it goes too far, and you burn out or start missing out on other important stuff.
      Guess balance is the key lol

• Oh absolutely. I realized that 6 years into the management job, that I hadn't had a vacation or seen a weekend, so I completely 180'd, and now work for myself where balance has definitely been restored.

• Thats really good :D

• Any excuse to get out of school

What Guys Said 5

• Between Vote B and Vote C

• I only stay home if I feel like I might vomit or feel like I would faint if I exert myself too much!

I am the type to take a bunch of drugs, and drink ginger tea and green tea at the workplace! :-P

• Yeah, you can make yourself feel better enough to work. Unless it a really severe sickness.

• Fever. Sick enough, why would i force my body..

• not very, little more than a cold. i am always looking for a way to skip work

• I keep coming in until they beg me to go home.