Would you pull over of you saw an ambulance coming and you were in the opposite side if the road?

With a center divider?
Would you pull over of you saw an ambulance coming and you were in the opposite side if the road...?Like that?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically all traffic uh the area is supposed to stop regardless of its direction of travel in relation to the emergency vehicle.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you are required to move over and stop even if there is a median like that. To get through traffic faster the emergency vehicle may come onto your side of the road if it can make faster progress that way.

www.mto.gov.on.ca/.../section2.10.11.shtml

What Girls Said 2

• No you aren't suppose to and it can cause an accident. Now you can come to a halt until it passes so it can maneuver.

• You just have to make sure there's no cars behind you or at least they're not sppeding or driving like maniacs 😒

• @meatballs21

It has nothing to do with that. There's lights and typically when you're in a left lane unless you're on a high way there's separating the streets of the cara going forward vs the ones going the opposite way. So what would you expect me to do? Drive over grass and hit a tree? Drive forward and hit a car in front of me? Run a red light if I'm the first car and possibly get hit?

There are two to three lanes on one side the ambulance can get past like I said several times now do you really think crossing all the way from two or three lanes to park will allow the ambulance to get by faster? It won't it will cause more traffic and possibly an accident there are many many many cars. If people that can actually pull over pull over that will clear A LANE and the ambulance can GET BY. They do not need two, three or even four lanes to drive ambulances aren't that big! Plus tif everyone did do that there's not enough park so where could everyone pull over at? Tell me that?

• Once again it just isn't possible for everyone to do it there's no where to go, there's cars blocking, traffic, not enough parks, possible car accidents, etc.

No offense those are in fact laws but there are situations when it just isn't possible. It's like when someone pulled out already getting ready to turn but the light changed they have to finish it or else they'll get hit. Regardless of the law.

I'm done debating about this it'a clearly just isn't possible and I do agree with you to a certain degree but I just don't understand why you're acting like I'm completely wrong because if you were in that situation and you tried getting all the way over to the right to park when you were in the left lane you couldn't do it, hit a car, or someine could die because you cut off the ambulance instead of staying out of the way.

Anyways have a good day.

• No your not suppose to stop!

What Guys Said 7

• it it was headed the opposite direction and there was a median strip i wouldn't pull over. i'd slow down a bit but definitely not stop

• I would slow down and prep to stop at the spaces however i would still keep driving. In the booklet you are not required to stop, you simply pull off slowly, continue on the gas and make sure you are out of the way. Of course that is relative to the state i was in. it differs

• Legally you're supposed to I think.

• Naw, I only pull to the side if the ambulance is going the same direction as I am.

• You pull over far right as possible and safely

• depends if it was for the abortion loving freak teardrop or block girl pixie id drive it off the road.

• NO not unless were really close to an intersection & he's in the left lane.