How would you react if a Star Wars nerd schooled you in his knowledge of Star Wars and also made fun of you for not knowing?

How would you react if a Star Wars nerd schooled you in his knowledge of Star Wars and also made fun of you for not knowing? "Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson (duelist), Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, Hayden Christensen.
You didn't know that? you retard!"

@toadette @BuchitaBuchys @mooky06 @Theoryofavarice @karahiri @rgb008 @BelleGirl21 @musicbrain5 @LovesTVDx @MissNowhere

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Troll him
    "Vader can't have kids lmao he's a robot that's why he stays out of the rain"
    "Anakin was right, the Jedi are evil. Why don't the use their technology to feed the poor? Where is the cyber U. N to sanction these corrupt bastards?"
    "Why don't they use the force to push hurricanes away? Excuse me everybody... Chancellor Palpatine does not care about black people!"

What Girls Said 14

• "But have you been laid?"

Petty and childish is as petty and childish does

• I'd tell him he has gone where no man has gone before.. "The scifi wasteland"

• I would say Hope that gets you laid at least

• I dunno. Just tell him that I watched Star Wars for the first time less than four months ago and never claimed to be an expert :P

• "Keep talking, I'm just going to sit here and play with my boobs noob"

• Just stare blankly at them
    Say
    Wanna see my light saber?
    Show my middle finger and walk away

• I would walk away really fast!

• Who gives a shit?

I like Star Wars, but I'm not an obsessive nut, lol.

• I wouldn't care and just listen to what they are saying. I honestly don't know that much about star wars to begin with. So I would be interested to learn new things about it.

• Not likely. If anything, I'd be the nerd schooling some idiot on their lack of knowledge.
    http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65617627.jpg

• I'd tell him Anakin/Darth Vader has been played by 7 and stick to it, and watch him combust. Lol
    Haha jk.
    I'd just be like "cool" and learn more movie trivia!

• I would be violently and ridiculously indifferent. And probably just look at him until he stopped talking.

• I like starwars, but spare me the Did-you-knows

• Thank him for the fun trivia, then inform him that he is a sad little manchild who needs to focus more on being a useful member of society.

• what if he does and is a mechanical or electrical engineer?

• I just disagree. I don't think life is all about attitude, I think there are good things and bad things and I think the only true wins are when you get what you want, no less, no settling, no coping, no compromises. And I strongly dislike society for making it harder to change paths once you get out of childhood, or if you didn't commit to greatness early enough, before you had the knowledge and experience to even know what you really wanted, what any choices truly mean, or what possibilities are even out there. I might have to be a useful member of society to keep existing and even being able to buy Star Wars stuff, but I'm not happy to do it. I'm here out of compulsion. I might comply but I resent my jailer, as I imagine most captives do.

If you read my Opinion you'll see that I don't think it's right for someone to criticize another for not knowing about their interests either. But I strongly feel the purpose of my life isn't to serve society, it's to make myself great.

• PS - I'm not interested in arguing about this anymore. I'm done.

What Guys Said 23

• I wouldn't care. Honestly I'd probably be the one doing the schooling. But I wouldn't make fun of anyone for not knowing about Star Wars. I might tease them a little if it were one of my friends, but not a random person. One, life is difficult enough without making enemies and creating unnecessary conflicts and two, that's just not who I am. I defend myself but I'm not that guy that attacks people. I like being friendly. I don't make fun of other peoples' interests so long as they haven't made fun of mine, or otherwise attacked me in some way.

On that note though, all these "get a job/can't get laid" responses do annoy me a little. Part of it has to do with the end of the question, in which the Star Wars nerd makes fun of you. But putting that aside, I don't see why people have to talk so much shit about Star Wars fans as if what they do is so much better. Lots of people are into sports, but aren't on any teams. Lots of people talk about nice cars, but either can't afford them or they can but have no time to drive them and never learn to drive them well. Lots of people work boring, frustrating, average day jobs and spend their days wishing they could be some pro athlete, A-list actor, or rock star. Maybe they can get laid, but I'd guess that women are only settling for them when they wish they could have a celebrity or at least a guy with a cool job like a fighter pilot, spy, or astronaut. You think Star Wars is lame, well, so is your boring day job and so are your stories about getting drunk at the bar for the millionth time. What do you really do besides work, drink, and wish you could live someone else's life, someone with more money and better stories? We're both in the same boat in that neither one of us is (truly) rich and famous.

Sorry @Toad-1 . That wasn't directed at you or anything. I'm just tired of the people that bash sci fi / fantasy fans.

• I don't know... Maybe school him in what a pair of breasts looks like. Or how a vagina feels.

• i'd say congrats on dedicating yourself so much now if you wanna go head to head on some rock and roll knowledge i'll embarrass you

• I know a fair bit about both :)

• and would be interested, not embarrassed, at learning more rock 'n roll lore. Especially if it has to do with my favorite genres and artists and any ideas for writing original songs.

• 'spare me the knowledge' :(

• I just watched all 6 of them. There's a good metaphor running right through them about people. The force representing good and the dark side representing evil and how they're in everyone and what defines the person is the feelings and characteristics they embrace. That's true of all people. Revenge, hate, greed, jealousy and scores of others are like seeds planted inside a person that grow and overcome them depending how much they are practised. A seed grow a stem that grows a trunk which grow branches which reach into every space and corner and consume whatever it grows inside until it defines it. Thats what happened with vader. The dark side. Lucas must have been very aware of religion and morales. There's a great lesson to be learned from them. Most people just see the lightsabers and cool effects though.

• My response is what do you do for a living?

• "And how do YOU feel about all the Expanded Universe no longer being cannon, and instead we get this new bullshit continuity? Like what is it with JJ Abrams and making new timelines for his shitty interpretations of popular franchises?"

• Sounds like you didn't like the new movie lol

• I was sort of dreading the Yuuzhan Vong but the other stuff regarding the various new characters from the EU I was looking forward to seeing.

• @meatballs21 , I didn't really like the Yuuzhan Vong either. They just seemed really over the top, too dark and extreme and not really Star Wars-y. Granted, Sith Lords and Mandalorians do plenty of nasty things themselves, but they fit into the universe better.

• I wouldn't worry about it, don't give him the satisfaction of being embarrassed. If I was in a group I'd probably act calmly and maybe comment on how I wasn't I needed to know that to be a fan or something like "ugh thanks knowledge?" he'll end up looking like a jerk in the end

• I wouldn't shake his hand... it's probably the only thing that has/will touche his dong' in a long time. I mean, seriously doubt anyone's banging the guy.

• Make fun of them for being a virgin.

• I'd tell him his favorite passion is overrated and that he's a loser for having mediocre tastes in cinema and entertainment.

• I would feel proud

• I'd tell him that actors don't matter and test his knowledge of actual lore.
    I'd also tell him to get a life.

• I'd fight back and schooled him in my knowledge of Roy Orbison.

• i honestly would not care about it I mean I got more important things to do with my brain power than worry about some triva that does not intrest me as much as others : )

• I's woulds schools hims in the bottoms of the stairs, bys throwings hims to the bottom of thems

• It wouldn't phase me. I'd ask him about the NFL and call him a retard for not knowing.

• I would laugh pretty hard.

• I would feel great shame

• Simple. I'd go up to his crush, and make out with her right in front of him.

• I would tell him to get a life and stop being so pathetic. Besides... his taste of mavies is not the best. If you want to have a good conversation about movies go watch the Godfather trilogy.

• Not Interested.

• Couldn't care less, I never watched starwars