Are you from a big family? Do you have a lot of uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings?

I am, I have a large family on my dad's side and on my mother's side. My mom's parents had eight children who are all 50+ now, with children and grandchildren of their own. My dad's grandmother had seven children, and those children have great grandchildren. I come from a very big family. Do you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have/had:

3 uncles from my father's side (2 of them passed away though).

13 aunts from my father's side (6 of them passed away when they were young and I have never seen them).

6 uncles from my mother's side ( one of them passed away when he was 2 months old, neither I nor my mother saw him).

As for cousins, I'm not gonna count, but I would say at least 100. The oldest is 50 years old, the youngest are 6 years old ( a twin).

3 brothers ( 2 of them passed away)

And finally 3 sisters.

Yeah, that's what it feels like to be an Arab 😅

• Oh and I forget, 3 aunts from my mother's side too.

• Oh wow, you have experienced a lot of death. I have lost family bUT not to this extent. Coping with the loss of close family members is hell. Also, that is the curse of having a big family. Sorry for all your loss...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I guess!

• My dad's family! My grandpa has like what I believe is 15 kids! And he remarried so now I have aunts and unlces who are like 13! Also my grandma from my mom side had 7 kids and they have kids so that makes a lot of cousins!

• Ah, that sounds like my husband family structure. It is more intimate when smaller. I am so use to the big family structure, everyone is always talking, which means you learn the skill of talking over people. Rude, right?

• haha! I just stop talking! My mom like always yelling and I am like ughhhhH! LEAVE ME ALONE WOMEN! hahahah Than when I ask her something I got like speak over her convo with my stepdad! etc. but we do have a bigger family than the small unit! haha!

What Guys Said 6

• I have just one brother and one cousin but I have no idea how many 1st cousins once removed I have since both my grandmother and grandfather (from my dad's side) had several brothers and sisters.

• Yes, I have many cousins, the oldest ones have children already. Not so many uncles, just 5, but each one of them (except one) have more than 1 child, so when you gather everyone there are a lot of people.

• yeah totally! I have like 14-15 cousin nephews and nieces. Some of them are older than me. Now you imagine how big the family is on my parent's side. 😂

• Gosh, I don't think I want to image. That is a large family. But hey, gotta love them all, it may be impossible to like them all, tho. Lol

• hey! are you kidding? I even forget the names of most. Lol!! I think i am wrong... there are 20-23 nephews and nieces, i forgot about the little ones. LOL!!

• only child to a single parent who's also an only child.

• Yeah, 2 brothers and 2 sisters, LOTS of aunts uncles and cousins

• They're all dead.

• Sorry to hear that. But you did get a chance to spend time with them prior to, right?

• Oh... No distant relatives?

• Nobody alive in this country. Some very distant in France.

There's just my kid brother and me left.

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. My mom and stepdad have 8 kids between them. LOL.

• Somewhat. There's 7 kids on my moms side but 3 kids on my dads side.

• Yep. And actually this is great stuff cause when I need help, they always be at my side.