Don't you think flowers are a bad thing to give someone because you pluck them and when u pluck them they die, so?

so its like giving a dead thing to a person as a gift...

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that is actually what I've always thought about flowers :-). And it's not like they die immediately but it's like "here babe, I'm giving you this flower they just plucked off for you to put into a vase and watch it slowly wither away".
    And more importantly, flowers cost soooo much money and they're good for absolutely nothing. I don't know about India, but in my country Switzerland, one flower (for example a rose) costs about 3 Franks (about 3.10 US dollars). So if I want to buy my girlfriend a whole bunch of, say, 13 flowers, it'll cost me around 40 US dollars. That's enough money to buy 2 movie tickets for us. Now, what do you think is more useful, giving my girlfriend a bunch of flowers that are gonna wither in a few days or invite her on a nice evening out and go watch a cool movie with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• No flowers are scientifically proven to make people happier. If you're that worried about it buy them a little fern or something instead.

What Guys Said 6

• "Hey, I found this creature and I thought it was beautiful so I murdered it by pulling it's torso away from it's legs and I put it in a container where it's decaying corpse can linger on to life for a little while longer while it slowly dies in agony. Hope you like it."

• well that's just one interpretation but I get what your saying but it's the thought that counts behind it, a cat after all will be severed heads or little animals it's killed to it's owner as a trophy. Now that in itself may seem cryptic and weird but it's actually one of the cats highest forms of flattery and honor.

Now you can choose to focus on the heads or bodies or like with the flower you can choose to see the thought behind it.

• thanks I'll take that as apology the next time I forget to buy someone flowers :P

• No not neccessarily but I always wondered.
    If you want your love to last... Why give something that slowly fades?
    The only flower I gave to a girl was a silver thread rose

• Lol no its probably a good thing for the plant. Kinda like pruning

• depends on how you give the flowers. every flower has a meaning and how you give people flowers is how to symbolize how you feel about them. example, roses are the most common valentine gifts because the rose symbolizes love.

What Girls Said 2

• i LOVE receiving flowers. nah i don't see it that way. flowers aren't simply a dead thing. they contain immense beauty and ignite sight and smell.
    maybe one should admire that flowers are still so beautiful despite being taken from their roots.=]

• Its true that they die but human beings only eat living things. We eat plants that must die to satisfy our nutritional needs and we eat animals that must die to satisfy our desire for protein.