Why are suicide questions taken off?

isn't this a place for advice and help?

Most Helpful Girl

• not that kind of help bro. Suicide is something that is so seriously in need of IMMEDIATE attention, that this is the wrong place for it.

Troll questions like "my wife is 8 most pregnant and she's bleeding, what should I do?" are also removed for obvious reasons.

If a person is sad/depressed and wants to ask/chat about that in general, yeah. Post it. If they're thinking of offing themselves, they need to call a suicide hotline. NOW.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a place for questions that girls and guys can ask each other when it would be helpful to get an answer from the opposite gender, or at least know the gender of who's answering.

I don't know why suicide questions would be relevant to this, and there are other places to ask about suicide, specifically SUICIDE HOTLINES.

What Girls Said 2

• This isn't the place for that kind of help, and they are probably worried someone will say something to set the person off

• They're taken off and the asker is given information for help.

What Guys Said 3

• There's supposedly some sort of psychology phenomenon where other depressed people can feel motivated to commit suicide if they hear someone else talking about it.

• Because the admins are idiots. I posted a question talking about how I some time wonder what it's like to kill yourself and asked has anyone ever felt the same. My question was removed and they sent me a link to a suicide prevention website.

• this website is more devoted to sexual advice, things of that nature.