When do you take down your Christmas decorations?

Most Helpful Guy

• Traditionally in Brazil it's on January 6th. However, I haven't made any decorations this year and people also forget to take them down, but by the end of January they aren't there anymore.

• Wow, that's cool. I never knew there was a tradition in Brazil about it.

• Well, I always hear everyone saying here that Christmas decorations are taken down on "Dia de Santo Reis", it's January 6th, but it was mainly in the past. Since I can remember people don't respect it anymore the way they did before, at least not where I live.

Most Helpful Girl

• The day after Christmas. I find it depressing to leave them up any longer. I especially think it's sad to see the Christmas tree without any gifts or anything under it, it looks empty. So, I take down everything the following day.

What Guys Said 5

• We took our Christmas Tree down on the Monday that has just gone. It is Wednesday here so 2 days ago.

Our Christmas lights that are hanging in our windows and wrapped around the railing of our deck (outdoor lights) are still up but we have not turned them on in the last few days and will take them down soon.

• I have always heard you are meant to put them up on Christmas eve and take them down on the 6th of January (12 days of Xmas)

• the trick is to never put them up to begin with

• One day before next Christmas. Than I will put it back the next day.

• 11 59 pm Dec 25

What Girls Said 6

• When we have an artificial tree, around Lunar New Year or Valentine's Day. Since we have a real tree this year, I imagine that will be coming down in a few days.

• I only have a few decorations. I'll probably take them down by this weekend.

• This year I didn't make any Christmas decoration. But when I do it, I take them down on January 6.

• The day after Christmas! Every year!

• Ours are still up at my house!

• When my mother forces me to.