Is it bad to swear in front of a little kid? Will he remember it?

My girlfriend came over to my house and brough her little cousin cause he wanted to see me work on my car. I was getting frusted and said like 2 swear words. My girlfriend was with me and she got a bit mad cause i swore infront of her little cousin. I know i shouldn't swear infront of the little guy but i dont think he will remeber. We had fun together and i took him for a ride but was it a big deal i swore infront of him 2 times?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it's bad (but how old is he?)

• He's 5, i swear if like a part don't fit or something like that, then my girlfriend yelled at me for swearing twice lol, but I don't know i dont see it as really bad, i dont think he will remember.

• alright lol. i was going to also say "barnacals" from spongebob lol

• Perfect lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I got family who say the worst things in front of their kids. Things is their kids know better than to repeat them. "Do as I say, not as I do". I don't see the harm in it but I would respect a parents views on the topic and do my best to keep a clean mouth when requested

What Girls Said 6

• Respect her wishes.

Realistically he will hear curse words in everyday life but since you are her companion you are a reflection of her. If you're flying off the roof and cursing in front of a small kid that's not a good look.

• Nah! She over reacting!

• See the thing is kids love reaction they get from others! If you don't react than he won't care to say that word!

• i mean it's a reactive thing when i work on cars but i didn't mean it you know

• yeah I understand!

• Nope.

He's going to hear it and learn it anyways.. if he hasn't already.

• LMAO. that ain't right tho lol.

• i won't swear again infront of him

• Small children are like parrots the repeat what they hear.

• Yes little kids repeat you sweetheart

• everybody swears dont worry.

What Guys Said 6

• My brother's first word ever, when he was about 1 years old, was SHIT. This was my godmother's favorite word, and she visited a lot. My parents almost never swore, and at that age, I'd have had the skin beaten off of me if I did so.

You do the math.

• that is true, i won't swear when he's around. I dont see her little cousin much, but when i do he always remembers me.

• My mum swore 24/7. In contrast my dad made an express effort to avoid swearing until I was in my teens. I'm well behaved in public.

• Kids know bad words... and know what will happen if they say them (if their parents are any good). He probably won't remember anyway.

• how old is he? it's not that big of a deal. i heard cuss words from my dad and relatives all the time and learned cuss words at at the latest, 7 and i came out fucking fine :D

• I don't understand this whole fuss about not swearing in front of your kids. They are just words, stop babying your kids people.

• If you swear then your kids will likely swear too. They'll pick it up from their friends anyway so who cares.

You were once kids so it isn't new.