Do people still use or and have landline phones anymore or does everybody use cellphones?

• Yes I have landlines
    41% (7)64% (14)54% (21)Vote
  • Nope I use cellphones or iphones
    59% (10)36% (8)46% (18)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
8|10

Most Helpful Girl

• I still have a landline

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally do not, but I know my parents still have them. It's pretty much just sales people calling them now.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• The only people I know who use landlines are (1) over age 65, or (2) required to do so by law because they are under house arrest.

There are a few who technically have landlines because the package deal made their internet cheaper, but those people don't actually have phones hooked up to their landlines.

0|1
    0|0
    • Or they run a business and want reliable service in case of power or internet outages.

• Show All
    • A business owner and their employees aren't going to have time for that nonsense, not even once, especially if they have multiple lines. They are busy trying to sell merchandise or services. Trying to rig a way around an outage isn't going to instill confidence in their customers or do anything for employee morale. If I were to suggest otherwise to my clients, they'd rightfully fire me on the spot.

• @VirginiaBeachBum Oh, yeah, okay, you mean THAT kind of running a business. Like dedicated commercial real estate.

I'm a freelancer who runs my business (es) from home. Given the context of this thread, I figured that was implied.

In a dedicated commercial space, well, duh. (:

• My family use cell phones because it's cheaper for us, but I know quite a few people that still own land lines.

0|1
    0|0
  • We had a landline when I moved in with my boyfriend but soon realized that only sells people who used it and they would call early in the morning so we just stopped it. We only have cellphones now and it's perfect.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know anyone with a landline anymore. We use them for business. I guess the closest thing now would be VOIP that a lot of people have.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents still have a landline. I do not.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm too poor for a landline lol

0|1
    0|0
  • It is mostly businesses that use land lines

0|3
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I still use a land line because there is no reason to get a cell phone. I've never even used one. Plus I hate carrying stuff like that around with me. Plus, if I don't have a phone with me then nobody can bug me. They can wait until I get home.

0|1
    0|0
  • I still have landline - Part of my bundle - TV/internet/landline on one package - Mobile with a different company

0|1
    0|0
  • My family still has one but that's because our grandma doesn't have a cellphone so that's the only way she calls us.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am one of those guys. I got rid of the cell years ago for reasons and have always kept my home landline phone with voice mail and caller ID and all.

0|1
    0|0
  • My household doesn't have a landline, we all have cellphones.

0|1
    0|0
  • I still have some (albeit they're all VOIP lines) and many of my customers still have POTS lines.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cut the cord like 17 years ago

0|1
    0|0
  • My grandparents are in their 80s and my grandmother just got a cell phone last month

0|1
    0|0
  • the geezers

0|0
    0|0