I have self harm scars?

So when I was younger I used to self harm and I have a lot of scars on my arms and I hate them. I wear long sleeved clothes all the time, even when it's hot, because I don't want anyone in public to see.
So if you saw someone in public with scars like that would it be really distracting and would you avoid talking to that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• No I would definitely not avoid them. I really don't get why people even do that in the first place.
    I used to self harm when I was young as well but I got rid of all my scars though with castor oil so I didn't have to hide them for that long.
    Self harm is more common than people think, and people need to stop looking at the people who do or has self harmed as freaks cause it might as well be someone they actually know but they are just not aware of it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I probably wouldn't notice.

What Girls Said 7

• If you stopped harming yourself then you're incredibly strong and I have nothing but respect for you. If you aren't ready to let anyone see your scars then that's okay, it's your decision and you don't have to until you're ready. But anyone who'd judge you or not want to talk to you because of those scars isn't worth talking to because they're an idiot.

• ^^^ This, listen to this, brilliant advice, wish I said it myself.
      I've been there done that, so I understand and I'd want to get to know you. Mine are almost all gone now, I can recommend Vitamin E cream to fade/reduce them if you haven't already :)

• @Luci92 Thank you guys. ❤️
      I'm afraid of showing my scars because this girl at my school shows hers and I hear what people say about her behind her back.

• Yeah same happened with a girl at my school and people were saying nasty things too, but as @Tabbie said if they judge you, they aren't worth talking to, although this is easier said than done

• Would I avoid them? No, if anything I would talk to them.

• How many do u have? i have scratches all over my arms, but I've never cut; I've just always had my pets jumping on me. I wouldn't think much of your arms being scratched up.

• No, I would be curious and would want to get to know that person.

• You probably already know my answer to this

• I would not avoid talking to a person with them. I have them myself and I don't hide mine anymore.

• no I wouldn't avoid them

What Guys Said 1

• No, I'd find it inconcievably hot, but that's because I have some pretty out-there fetishes.