What would a religious person say if I ask where did god come from?

I'm atheist here but I respect your views. I was just wondering, since I believe everything has an origin (birth) and didn't just show up just like that, where exactly would god come from?

My ex boyfriend (who is now my friend) and I once in a very long while get into this topic about the origin of every single matter. I go along with the Big Bang Theory and Evolution while he says god created everything.

The only problem is he couldn't answer where exactly god came from. Likely, he did tried to asked where exactly the compacted matter come from. I came out that it was just a compacted tiny matter that expanded while he just stated that god was just simply there.

Most Helpful Guy

• tthere is just one problem with the whole "big bang created everything". It basically says nothing exploded and became everything. Not only does "nothing exploded" sound hillariously unlikely (and terrifying), it also defies one of the fundamental laws of nature regarding the behavior of matter. You can't turn matter into nothing, and nothing into matter.
    Yet the belief that big bang created everything claims just that. That nothing turned into everything.
    No matter how much you comprimate big bang, you still don't reach nothing.

Hence the conlcusion; either science (and by extent you) are wrong about big bang being the ulltimate start of everything (in fact, profiled scientists are highly questioning this), or at least one of the fundamental laws of how matter behaves is completely wrong.

As for God; i don't know. What i do know is that there can very much be parts of the universe we can't observe. We live in a 3dimensional world, and some claim we're able to feel the impact of a 4th dimension; time. Absurd? Not really. Even advanced science is questioning if time is linear at all.
    the rest is just theory.
    What if there are more than just 3 or 4 dimensins? What if there are 8? or 9? Or any given numer. The thing is, we will never know, because we can't experience those higher dimensions.
    What i the 4th is time, the 5th is space, the 6th is existence itself (schrødinger's unverse XD). Suddenly we have room for a 6dimensional being that is in our eyes totally omnipotent, and able to defy our laws of nature, of matter, of everything. Or it is just that our universe is endless, because time is a loop. Where did it start? I don't know, and i'll never know either.
    It is all just pure speculaton, but it does make one think.

The truth is, we know next to nothing. Because the more we have found out, the less we understand. I mean, ever since the dawn of humankind, time has been linear. But now we're even questioning that.

Or what if we're just a simmulation? The product of a massive supercomputer created by a highly advanced specie wanting to simmulate the creation of the cosmos in an attempt to understand why some planets harbour life while others does not, understand how some forms of ife dies while others conques the planet or even the vast cosmos.

We don't know. Beause the truth is, EVERYTHING about the origin is just guesswork. We can see traces of Big Bang. But our laws of nature does not permit it to be the beginning. There was something before.

• yeah it makes you think... the reason I go along with the Big Bang is because that's the closest somewhat logical explanation but yes it's a theory. We'll never know the whole origin.

• Well the concept of it.

• @SuperOzgurX2 the concept of time as a constant is man made, yes. This is proven by how time "slows down" the closer you get to light speed. But the idea that time is relative is more than possible. In fact, it would not surprise me if time turns out to be relative.

And asker, i chose to not defend a particular theory, and instead keep an open mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• God exists outside of what we know as time. Because he exists and works outside of time it is difficult for us to grasp his existence. God has always been, nothing created him, he didn't come from anywhere he just simply was. God is the one who created time, and he created us to function under time. Explaining how God exists is a very difficult one because it is hard for us to think outside of our own reasoning.

What Guys Said 2

• www.techtimes.com/.../...doubted-by-scientists.htm

The big bang theory is in the process of joining geocentrism as another debunked scientific theory, for the record.

But the answer is quite simply. You're thinking 4th dimensionally. God is not something that exists WITHIN the physical laws of science. He is either beyond it completely, or IS those laws.

Think of it this way: an ant cannot comprehend the concept of God, or time, or quantum physics, etc. Their brains have a physical limits. Humans have a limit, too. We did not evolve, for example, to be able to comprehend the concept of space-time. It exists on a scale so big that it effectively doesn't influence our day to day lives. It's a constant to us, because we have such short lives and are so small.

This is the explanation given for some of the more advanced meta-physical philosophies. It is possible for something to make since, even when there are parts we cannot explain yet.

Hell, look at science: we haven't even figured out the laws of physics yet! I assume you aware, of course, that our laws are actually TWO working models. Quantum physics, and Newtonian physics. One work for bigs things, and the other for small things. Neither is universal, and therefore neither is actually correct. They just work well enough for us to utilize for practical purposes.

The point is, the whole idea that something needs to "begin" in a linear sense seems to break both religion AND science. The Big Bang Theory doesn't explain existence, even if it was correct. The idea that everything came from nothing for no reason is no less ridiculous that than idea that everything came from God, who is not bound by the dimension of time.

As an agnostic, I agree with Carl Sagan: "An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence. Because God can be relegated to remote times and places and to ultimate causes, we would have to know a great deal more about the universe than we do to be sure that no such God exists. To be certain of the existence of God and to be certain of the nonexistence of God seem to me to be the confident extremes in a subject so riddled with doubt and uncertainty as to inspire very little confidence indeed."

• God is the creator to is right? And we are god's creatures
    So the creator created his creations
    So your question is wrong logically the creator can't be created

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not religious (I'm an atheist) but in my experience, religious people will tell you something like "God has always existed, he didn't have a beginning" or "God created himself".

• yeah, they really have no answer.