Was Mufasa and the rest of his pride racist bigots for not wanting Hyenas and Lions to live together?

Most Helpful Guy

• According to SJW logic, its better to be slaughtered wholesale then to risk hurting a bloodthristy terrorist's little feelers in any way.
    So yeah, probaly.

What Girls Said 6

• Well actually... to get all real on you here 😜... Lion King 2: Simba's Pride, that was the point of the movie. To unite them all together and his daughter makes him realize "Dad look at them, they are us". Yes my son was obsessed with The Lion King until he discovered Ninja Turtles 🐢

• lol it was the animal kingdom

and lions live in groups

they are carnivores

do u really think that in life it is the same way as it was on The Lion King

Do Lions really talk? :P

• It's a damn cartoon movie hakuna your balls sur
    (See what I did there?)

• no, they were species-ist ;)

• It wasn't about race. It was about good vs evil. Smh.

• And did the good side win?

• Scar might've scared Simba away because he knew he would grow up to be racist and bigoted like his father. He also feared racism would return to Pride Rock. Therefore he did the only thing he could to save the Kingdom. He had to make the difficult decision of killing Simba so he could secure the throne for himself in the name of greater good.

• Lol. You're an idiot. He scared simba away because once mufasa died, he was next in line to be king. Duh. I didn't bother finish reading what you're saying because lions and racism is stupid when mufasa and scar were blood brothers. Clearly of the same "race", personified of course.

• ... really? It's an animated movie. Just watch it or don't.

What Guys Said 3

• Hahaha, now this is funny! They did not want the hyenas to wreak havoc.

• That sounds like prejudice to me. Just because they're hyenas doesn't mean they will wreak havoc.

• Hmmm... as per the movie, it's the 'nature' of hyenas to cause trouble.

Would you ever allow cannibals to live in your kingdom if you were the king? It's similar.

• Well, we do tend to let in a lot of people who like to maim rape and slaughter. And most people think it's a wonderful idea.

• It's true to life, hyenas and lions are in direct competition for the same prey and so they come into conflict often.

• But shouldn't they work together in that case?

• That's the same kind of romanticized thinking that made lions noble and hyenas bad guys. You have two groups competing for the same limited resource, conflict is going to happen.

• No, they would have been species-ist. If I were a lion I wouldn't want the hyenas around either.