If a million people took a poll and said a person looks ugly, does that mean they really are ugly looking?

So a million people in the world took a poll and the results are that the person they are rating is ugly to them.

is this person really ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• It just means a million people agree. Doesn't mean the person is ugly. I learned a long time ago not to place value on the opinions of others. People are followers. So once they see so many people saying this person is cute or ugly, they follow suit. They don't always judge from their own pair of eyes.

• I think this is very true. People don't like to go against the grain it seems.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if 1 million people agreed then its highly likely that they are ugly. People who are actually ugly probably find it offensive when average and attractive people try to deny that ugliness exists.

What Girls Said 11

• Absolutely not. The world is huge and full of people. Plus that is all based off of a first glance 'hot or not' before they ever get to know that person.

• I sure am! So I guess I have to trick someone!

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 1 million opinions # fact

• No because ugly is subjective, at least one person won't believe they're ugly, and 1 persons opinion is just as valid as any other person's opinion

• I mean your only ugly if you believe what people say I guess! You can ignore people and think you are the most attractive person in the world

• Nope. It's a million people who don't prefer whomever the person. Now if it were everyone in the world, well...

• only you decide if you are ugly since its your body i wouldn`t care if a gazillion said I was ugly

• No, what about the other billions' opinions?
    -.-

• Ok so what if all those billions of people agree too?

• If the person decides they are ugly, then I guess that's what they want to believe. The opinions of others are not fact.

• No, it just means a million people had the opinion that the person was not good looking, doesn't make it true, opinions mean nothing, everyone has one the same like everyone has an ass, also these million could also be like sheep one following the other in any case just because they are they majority doesn't mean they are right.

What Guys Said 10

• If it was a random million it would be representative but I don't think you can say "Really" without surveying everyone. How was poll worded, was there a scale,
    what pic was used - I don't think you can ever get near a perfect answer.
    Personally I don't like the word "Ugly" and try not to use it.

• No, it just means that those people find him/her ugly. Everyone else may not think so.

• It means those millions of people do not know how to appreciate that one persons beauty.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not everyone has the same scale in terms of what is hot to them and what isn't.

• I see a million people voting for Donald Trump. Still could be worse.

• Nope, it just means a million people are ugly on the inside.

• Hm its only a million so no.

• Just because the option is popular doesn't mean it's correct.

• One million said yes? Then you win!

• physically? probably yeah