Is my mom mistreating our dog? What do I do?

My mom yells at my dog many times for no reason. My dog will be wandering around the living room and she'll be like "go back to ur room!" or when sometimes my dog poops in the house, my mom will scold her like 15 minutes after it happened (dog has no idea why the hell he's being yelled at, their minds are simple you have to catch them in the act). This is clearly not the way to train the dog and not healthy for him. Now the dog is scared of her, it will run away to my room whenever my mom is in the living room because she thinks she will get yelled at.

I have to admit that I haven't done my best in walking the dog more. A lot of times she poops is because I haven't walked her enough

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah scolding him/her about peeing or pooping after the facr is not the way to go about it. You can't always catch it in the act however what you do is grab it by it's collar and push it's nose in it it'll pull away and trust me the dog will learn because he/she won't like it either.

Other wise you need to tell your mom that this is my house and that is my dog. You don't have to love him/her but you're not going to scold it all day and half the time for no reason. It follows you around because it likes you and that's what digs do and eventually over time you'll grow to like him/her to and if you can't I'm sorry but you need to get out.

I'll guarantee you she'll be a bit nicer to it.

Most Helpful Guy

• poor dog is he a puppy? Its going to mark the dog for life if that keeps going on trust me. Talk to your mom this can't keep going on its not even worth having a pet like this

• You might want to give the Dog to a home that will really lover her

What Girls Said 3

• Perhaps you should take initiative and train your dog. Talk to her in a calm way, comfort her. Dogs are so loyal its important to treat them well

• Why does she yell at the dog to go back to his room? Wtf why did she get a dog if she doesn't want it?

• it's my dog, it's a dog a friend of ours gave to us. She doesn't really like dogs, finds them 'dirty' as she puts it

• Just keep the dog away from your Mom and either find him another home or move out. Poor puppy.

• She's a fucking bitch to the poor puppy

What Guys Said 2

• Dogs need to be trained by people with empathy who can understand how they're thinking. I understand animals better than people.

• No offense, but I don't think your mom should be around your dog whatsoever. She's verbally abusing it. Tell her what she is doing is wrong. Scolding the dog for doing something wrong is absurd.