Why do people get so surpised over a almost 21 year old female virgin?

why do people get so surpised over a almost 21 year old female virgin? not everybody is that luck -.-

Most Helpful Guy

• I applaud someone who's a virgin at 21 and not married. Admittedly, I am one of those people who thinks that sex should be saved until marriage but generally, I'd rather people wait until they're are emotionally invested and truly love and know their partner before getting involved. If you don't know each other on intimate level, sex just complicates things.

Anyway, do I find it surprising that a 21 year old is still a virgin? In this day and age, yes. Seems like a lot of teenagers have sex just to get rid of that label of being a virgin, which is sad, in my opinion.

Don't feel bad about it. Wait until you find someone you truly love and know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because most people have sex sooner, I'm almost 20 and a virgin and plan to stay that way for a while

What Guys Said 8

• It use to be that people saw female virgins as pure, and male virgins as losers that can't get laid. Now that feminism has changed peoples ideas about a woman's purity, but the idea that virgins being losers remains intact. Because it is so much easier for a woman to have sex, finding a woman that is a virgin no longer fits into our mindset. That makes is surprising in our hookup culture where men and women are expected to have sex at the drop of a hat.

• i guess so... maybe i react the way i react because n my head having sex means having sex with a boyfriend. And since i haven't gotten a boyfriend yet, no sex... and it makes sense since almost all of my friends growing up lost it to friend or a random guy, not a boyfriend... so maybe im just living in my own little world

• I understand your frustration. Even as a guy I have problems trying to find a woman that either isn't into one night stands, or is financially desperate and looking for a guy to help her pay the bills. Finding someone that actually wants a relationship is very difficult.

• Some of them think its odd because of the time we live in, and might think you do not have hormones or are in the closet. But some of them might also be jealous because they have had their heart broken so many times and they figure that when you find the right man your marriage will last and your kids will have a good dad, the guy will probably be a top tier man.

• that is not surprising but the popular culture would have us believe that your average woman is a total whore who has fucked hundreds of men by the time they are 25. No matter how stupid popular thought is it can be very hard to break through.

• I think its commendable. Its awesome. Some men might be worried you won't be into sex. Tell them you desire and are capable, but that you are extremely picky and traditional - you want real love. And let me tell you that two people are actually in love have the best and most passionate sex.

• Well im not very traditional at all lol I Just haven gotten a boyfriend yet

• Being responsible and cautious is traditional nowadays, lol

• Because you never really see that usually

• Because according to statistics that's uncommon.

• I think it is nice she waited.
    As long as the guy she finds is real and not just trophy fucking for the glory

• Being surprise isn't the reaction all the time, actually I'm one of the few who doesn't care.

• More rare today than ever. It's like finding a unicorn.

I was a virgin until I was 21 though

• is it really?

• well, i do belive i'll meet someone one day, but if thats within 5 years i doubt it...

• I was a virgin until I was 19.

What Girls Said 9

• Most people lose their virginty around 16-18. I think the most common age was 17. Being virgin around your 20s seems to be rare nowadays apparently.. I don't think there is anything wrong with that at all. I lost mine at 19 and guys were shocked when I said I was a virgin but I mean come on.. No one gets to decide for you when you are "supposed" to lose your virginty, that is your choice sister! Be proud!

• i know. most people dont necessalry tell me its something wrong with it, but its their reactions that makes me questione it. But for the msor part i dont care and i have stoped being ashamed by it, and im currently waiting for that one guy who will end up being my boyfriend.. if that ever happens lol

• Realistically, a good majority of people lose their virginity when they are teens.

The only "older virgins" I have seen which are (20s-50s) are all piled up on GAG.
    The gag population is definitely not a presentation of real life.

• Because everyone is in such a rush to have sex - it's hard to imagine a virgin over 21... Maybe even over 18 nowadays. It's sad how people think that the unexpected must necessarily be bad.

• well im not sure if they see it as bad.. but in my head sex = boyfriend, where you can't have one without the other in a sense. So in my head if i haven't had sex and/or a boyfriend im "failing" in the dating and relastionship department, which i kinda find embarassing. Now realising that im probarly the only one i know that thinks this was.. when my sister and i talk about sex and stuff we rarely see eye to eye, because without even thinking about it im talking about relationship sex and she is talking about casual sex.. maybe its just me being naive lol

• No... I see it the same way as you do. If I never had a boyfriend I would've never had sex...

• The same reason they're shocked at an almost 18 yr old only you're older.

• Virginity in people is rare these days

• yeah thats me too I am a twenty one year old virgin! I guess it may be due to the image society portrays and the expectations a female is required to live up to in order to be socially acceptable. But, I do not think it is rare. It is actually quite common. It is a matter of getting to know people in the same predicament and keeping busy in order to distract yourself from this lonely reality :p

• It means she either has very strong morals or is a prude but it doesn't really matter. Some of my friends lost their virginity to guys they'd just met at parties but I don't judge friends for stuff like that.

• Its actually neither.. I Just haven't gotten a boyfriend yet

• I have had several chances to lose it and getting a boyfriend, but Those guys werent up to standars basically

• I feel you, there are way too many 'trophy' couples out there that a lot of people just use for show, where the guy and girl rush into a relationship for social status and it falls crumbling apart weeks or years later. I lost mine to someone who I thought was special and I thought I connected with him at the time, but after a couple years we were both too immature and short sighted for each other.

• We live in a weird world where people find it amusing when 16 year olds are virgins... I don't know what our world is getting into ( Im myself a part of this generation and I sound like a 60 year old :3)

• 60 year olds don't use emojis tho lol

• but thanks anyway!

• Lol wait I realise that was too generalised. But basically you are waiting for the right person. Don't worry 21 is barely an age. There is so much more to life than sex. You be happy.

• Because most females can't stop spreading their legs by age 16 or 17.

• This is because that's what society tells them to do and they're impressionable, just as much as anyone else. It's why men are afraid to cry, and women are judgmental of men who don't dress or act the way they want them to. We're all slaves to societal expectations

• M_A_X You don't know precisely why random females can't stop spreading their legs. That could be a reason but there are various factors. It's really annoying when people around here try to act like they know everything as if their ideas and guesses about a situation is a fact that miraculously describes people they've never even gotten to know.