Will we have to pay for WhatsApp?

I just got a message... those stupid chains and they say they'll charge for it. That I'll lose communication with my contacts and stuff. I googled it and some pages say it's true. I refuse to believe this XD

Most Helpful Guy

• yes you have. first year is free, then you have to pay 1€/year or something like that. it's pretty much nothing so I guess that's okay... but they haven't really went serious with this and not in every country yet

Most Helpful Girl

• Here in Italy we already have to pay for it, but it's just 0.89 euros per year

What Guys Said 13

• I didn't get any message like that so far. I think WhatsApp would kill itself if we had to pay for it. In my country everyone uses it because it's free, I'm sure that we'd migrate to another app if they started asking for our money.

• Its not a big deal, its actually sort of cheap. But, its a dick move. Facebook owns WhatsApp, charges for WhatsApp but Facebook messenger is free. Wtf?

• It's optional, their services does not stop. It's better you pay otherwise they might get the money they need to run their business by selling your phone number or personal details

• Nope, that shit has gone around on Facebook too ever since it was mainstream.

• No you don't have to pay that shit. Its $1 a year I think and they'll ask you if I remember right

• 😂 I don't know what the app is for

• If this happens people will use third party apps. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good. I even give people who brag with their iphones weird looks or grin

• I think what's app in your country have to pay now, That can be a true!

• It isn't true.

• Isn't it like 70 pence a year in the uk per year? Singing stupid like that anyway 🤔

• You can pay for it if you want to.

• Sounds like bull. I never got this message.

If Whatsapp starts charging money for their service they will lose the vast majority of their users - myself included.

• I am not sure when but whatsapp will be charging $1 annually, at least here in the US, at some point. That is what happens when you sell out to Facebook :p

What Girls Said 5

• They are not idiots. They would immediately lose all their business to Line, WeChat, etc.

Like, duh.

• It's not true at all.
    I've been using WhatsApp for forever and I've never had to pay anything.

• Not yet, anyway. Here in India, we pay for a year in advance. So...

• @Chief16 I'm 99% sure I won't have to pay. I've been using wa for years and it says so sometimes, but it's always been pure lies.

• I am not sure.

• I wouldn't say it's true. A lot of that goes around on apps and its never true.

• I really hope not