Do You Use Social Media?

Do you use any type of social media account? ORRR are you one of the few that doesn't use social media?

As for me... I basically quit social media... and I am 25. I don't use any social media accounts. I only have a snapchat to talk to women I used to meet up with (no sexual images exchanged)... but I barely use it. Last time I used Snapchat was 7 months ago,

• I Use Social Media
  • I Don't Use Social Media

Most Helpful Girl

• I only have a facebook.
    I like to see how others are doing. I don't post anything and I don't usually talk to anyone on there (only family). I use it to keep up with my relatives.

I also like to play fb games sometimes when I'm really bored and actual games don't sound appealing.
    i also like to read the trashy things people say and do... and looking through my feed is a nice way to find interesting articles to read.

But I don't have anything other than a facebook. And I could go without it. I don't care about social media that much.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't use any social media. Never really have. I mean... I watch youtube videos and I guess technically that qualifies as social media but it's not really what I understand when I hear the term social media.
    I used to have a MySpace account many years ago. Some of the younger people on GaG probably don't even know what that is ;-). But then it became stupid, so I quit it. A bit after that, I made myself a Facebook account because there was this big hype going on and everyone was constantly talking about Facebook. But about a year after I got my account, I figured it's even more stupid than MySpace. I really hate how everyone on Facebook has this obsession with being cool and hip and trendy and everyone's constantly bragging about where they went on vacation and what they ate and what club they went to and who they fucked... it's so obnoxious. People always tell me "I need Facebook to stay in touch with old friends". That doesn't make sense to me. I stay in touch with my old friends and I don't need Facebook. Hell, our great grandparents stayed in touch with their friend without any Facebook. I can just text my friends or call them or - even better - actually meet them in person. I'm generally not a big fan of modern technology. I also hate how people constantly whip out their smart phones and stare at their screens when you try to have a conversation with them in the real world. For example when my girlfriend and I just got to know each other 5 years ago, this was a really bad habit she had that I had to tell her to get rid of. Every time we went on a date together and sat in a restaurant face to face, there came a moment where she took out her phone. I think many young people are so addicted to this social media crap that they lost the ability to go through situations such as simply being quiet for 2-3 minutes if nobody can think of anything to say and instead enjoy the moment. I know I probably sound like some 90-year old grandpa but I think it's really true. It's a shame people are so hooked on this stuff. And I also believe social media actually makes you more asocial cuz "friends" on Facebook are often not actual friends and many folks behave so nasty to other people on social media. Luckily in my country other social except from Facebook and Twitter are not common and not very popular. For example rarely anyone has Tumblr or Instagram. I feel like a lot of social media make people believe they're soooooo important.

What Girls Said 17

• I use social media, I have snapchat and instagram- all though I'm not actively using instagram I haven't posted anything in a long time but I do scroll through others.

• Yes, I use it often. I haven't used it as much because I don't have a phone, but when I'm I use it to communicate with friends or see what the hap's is with my peeps, haha.

• I do.
    I like snapchat, facebook, sometimes instagram (but I rarely post anything), and twitter (but I don't tweet or actually get on the site, I just upload photos from my camera roll)

• I have a Facebook, snaochat, and tumblr.

• I only have facebook, mainly to keep in contact with a few people. However I've considered deleting it.

• I use fb mostly to play Farmville 2 lol

• Only if GAG counts otherwise no. I haven't had a social media account ever since MySpace died out.

• Nope. I'm not a social person so I don't need that shit.

• Isn't GAG a form of social media?

• Yep. I have Facebook , Instagram , and Snapchat

• I use it to promote my blog

• I only use Pinterest now

• I hardly even use it.

• yes I dont use snapchat. I use whatsapp sometimes, Facebook, instagram, line to talk with a friend and , twitter very rarely.

• i shamefully vote A

• Well, I use G@G and have a YouTube account I like to go on. But that's it. I uninstalled Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from my phone, and don't log in on my comp either. Haven't since May 2015.

• I don't use any social media. I used to have an account on Facebook, but I got tired of it and I deactivate my account.
    Social media are not for me.

What Guys Said 18

• I primarily use Facebook but usually to just talk to one friend that is far away since texting can be a hassle and less boring. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have any social media accounts. Hoping to one day move closer to her and then finally deactivate my Facebook profile for good.

• GAG is a form of social media... So everyone on here who voted no doesn't know what social media is. People usually think of social media as Facebook or MySpace or Twitter or whatever-the-fuck-else. But Youtube is social media. GAG is social media.

You're using social media. Right. Now.

• I used almost all social media mediums to some degree. Some more than others. But i'm not on them 24/7!

What I do to save time is cross-post. On Instagram I send my posts to Facebook and Twitter. If I send a tweet, I use UberSocial (my 3rd party Twitter app) to cross-post to Facebook.

If I'm out and want to send a Snapchat AND post to social media, I take the pic in Snapchat, then screenshot the pic, then send the snap, then eventually post to Instagram.

I use Facebook, but I don't use the Facebook app (unnecessary use of storage space; I just use the website). However I do use the Facebook messenger quite often to keep contact with friends and family members.

• On Facebook I use my real name (had it since Facebook came out in 2004). On all the others I use the same username, to make it easy for people to find and follow me. Even on social media that I don't even use (ex. Tumblr), I registered my username just because I wanted to lock it down so nobody would use it! :-P

• I continue to use social media, but I'm not that active on them any more.

• I seriously can't believe most people don't use social media, I call bullshit here (assuming we are talking about FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc).

I voted no. But if apps like Watsapp or Skype (or this site for that matter) also count as social media then I'm bullshitting too, not sure though.

• Yeah right you fuckers who say you don't.
    This site is essentially a social media site so...

• If Facebook is a social media account, then yes. But I only use it to keep in touch with people. Otherwise, no. I do not use social media (Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc).

• I barely use it unless you include GAG. on facebook I don't post or comment at all... I use it mostly for chat and birthdays. twitter only for support and that's it

• this is technically social media, just sayin

• I'm on social media, but I wouldn't say I actually use it. I'm an old man, nobody wants to talk to me.

• I grudgingly use FB only.

• I use facebook, and Kik a lot (I dunno if Kik counts as social media)

• Only Skype. I don't even think it qualifies.

• Got FB & Twitter.

• Isn't gag classed as social media?

• I use Skype and WhatsApp maybe I will make a Twitter account to follow celebs and upcoming movies.

• I use steam.
    For the games.

• I use social media, but mostly for business and networking.