Cigarettes and coffee make me wanna shit?

Okay I don't need a lecture on smoking. I'm 17 so it's legal. But even though I sort of like smoking, I can't ever do it because it works as a laxative for me. Same goes for coffee. Why do they make me wanna shit?

Most Helpful Guy

• they are both diuretics.

• Thanks for giving a proper answer.

• No idea, why is anything a laxative? You'd probably have to be a biologist to understand what effect laxatives have on the body and why particular chemicals cause it.

• @Matt2k yeah but if I knew what was in the laxative, I'd be able to avoid things that have that in it. No matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because cigarettes are shit. And coffee generally makes you pee, not poop.

• I don't care what they "generally" do, they "generally" make me poop! I want an answer for my question, not being told what coffee generally does and that cigarettes are shit!!!

• But not answers

• Facts are answers in their own rights.

What Guys Said 4

• they're diuretic stimulants so they stimulate your metabolism to make you need to use the bathroom

• Something in the chemical composition of coffee (there are numerous studies and nothing is definitive) stimulates your intestines.

I'm not sure about smoking apart from, perhaps, the way it relaxes you.

• That's not legal where I live.

• Well it's legal where I live. But that's not even relevant, I'm asking a question about the laxative effect coffee and cigarettes have on me, not "what is the smoking laws where you live?".

• They're stims, they speed up the metabolism, so you want to make poop.

What Girls Said 2

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 sorry I haven't got an answer but its hella funny. Coffee does make my tum run a bit too sometimes. It might be the caffeine.

• ahahah true, same with me