Does violence ever solve anything?

0|0
4|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm indifferent on the subject.. I believe that when it comes to certain topics, such as war, there may be a way to solve it differently but chances are slim. When it comes to other matters (such as bar fights, jealousy issues, children misbehaving, etc) there is always a better way to handle the situation. If violence is brought upon you and it is a matter of protecting yourself than sometimes violence is the only form of protection we have to get out of such confrontations. However, I do believe most are avoidable.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. You rely on violence everyday to prevent violent criminals from preying upon you. The police don't politely ask criminals resisting arrest to stop, they grab them, baton them, taze them, or shoot them. Armies don't politely ask invaders to please stop invading, they shoot them and blow them to bits. When somebody attacks you in the street and you don't fight back they're usually either gonna take your money or stamp on your head.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• Violence creates a perpetual cycle. Violence begets violence. Wars create animosity which creates further wars. So, in a word, no.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you are about to get murdered and you use violence to avoid being murdered then go ahead.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has for me so

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. If not for violence we'd all be under Nazi rule as far as we know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually the only thing that does, In serious matters. Words sure as hell dont.

But meaningless, petty or just bloodthirsty violence doesn't solve anything. Its part of the problem, most likely.

0|2
    0|0
  • Absolutely. It should always be a last resort but unfortunately it is the only way to get through to some people.
    And sometimes emotions and tension can just build up, and releasing it fixes that.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only thing it solves is your own vanity and pride, the inability to come with a solution will result in violence.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes it does.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can, yes.

For example, the problem of someone using violence on you can be solved by using violence on them.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes it does

0|1
    0|0