World peace or free will? If everyone had to give up their free will in exchange for world peace, is it worth it?

Remember the end of season 4 of Angel? Would you make the same decision Angel did?

• world peace
  • free will

Most Helpful Guy

• I use my free will not to be an asshole. I'd rather not give that up. A more peaceful world can be achieved. World peace, no.

What Girls Said 2

• If you give up your free will the world can never be at peace since someone somewhere will feel the desire to fight for the right to have free will, which would encourage rebellions and therefore war. Ha! *does happy dance cuz I proved your question is unanswerable*

• but if you've given up your free will then why would you feel the desire to fight for the right to free will? Could you even fight for free will without having free will?

• I don't feel like there could be world peace without free will. Surely not being able to do what you desire would cause conflict?

What Guys Said 5

• Watch Equilibrium (2002)

What would be the point of living if everything you did was controlled or planned by something else?

• Yeah, there's no point in existing just to continue your existence. The price is too high. But ideally we could find some middle ground. Like one anonymous person below commented, we could have a more peaceful world without actually having world peace.

• I find that very tough - I would find it very hard to give up free will

• I saw that season of angel wasn't very good, but I saw it so yeah, free will is worth more than world peace

• i would take my free will

• fuck everybodys free will. world peace.