Should assisted suicide by physician be legal?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. we put animals out of their misery when they're terminally ill and in pain, why not allow humans to make that choice for themselves too.

What Guys Said 9

• Legal provided the person is terminally ill with little to no chance of recovery and in a rational state of mind to make the decision. However, I do not think that physicians should be forced to assist if it is something they do not agree with. In fact, my only concern with assisted suicide is that it could potentially force doctors into having to do something they do not feel comfortable doing. This could especially become true as we gradually move toward universal healthcare.

• Absolutely. It's unethical to force a terminal patient to live in pain for as long as you can make them.

• I agree with allowing this for painful terminal cases.

• Yes. If I'm ever stuck on a machine to live I'll pull thr trigger myself if I have to. That's not the way to live.

• I don't think anyone should be forced to live.

• Yes absolutely. Many illnesses cause suffering worse than death, it is simple compassion to allow this.

• Opinions on this vary as widely as just about anything out there.

But in my opinion... yes.

• What physician would want to do this? Thats such a depressing job, if I was a doctor I wouldn't agree to do this, even if it were legal.

• Yes of course.

What Girls Said 3

• I dont believe in this shit at all. It shouldn't even be an option.

• Yes and in right to PAD states it is. PAD= Physician aid in dying, or assisted suicide. It is legal in the states of Washington, Oregon, California, Vermont and Bernalillo County, New Mexico. The main difference between this and Euthanasia, I believe is who delivers the lethal dosage.

• Yes i think it should be