Would you eat the placenta after having a baby?

It's basically the sac the baby was in when it was inside the mother.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, definitely not. I have heard of some women doing this though and they do have legitimate reasons for it, but it's just not for me. There's no way I could do it. Lol

• It's canabalistic in the end

• You may have a point but the placenta also can give certain benefits such as raising the woman's energy, breast milk quality, levels off hormones, and lowers the chances of postpartum depression. Like I said though, I wouldn't do it myself.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, along with the newborn because canibalism is life.

• That totally creeps me out.

• The baby was not "in" the placenta it's just attached to it and receives certain hormones and nutrients from the placenta. I won't even have a baby so this question is irrelevant to me, you bet I will be eating ice cream with my kid right after I adopt them though... if I get one old enough to eat ice cream? lol

• I wouldn't, that just seems disgusting to me.

• That's really groos bruh

• Ugh, no. I couldn't bring myself to do that.

• No it's not it's not the sack that's the amniotic sac. The placenta looks like a liver and attaches to the uterus to provide oxygen and nourishment to the baby

• errrr no that's weird

• No, I think that's pseudoscientific bullshit.

• No, thank you.

• Like many other creatures on this planet. I've never been one for cannibalism. xD

• bro I skip that on to dessert straight away

• Hell no eww

• I probably won't because it looks like raw red meat. I'm not a fan of red meat.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope. I heard it's very good for you, but if it's not going to give me super powers, then I can substitute other healthy foods. I heard you can have them put in capsules and take it like medicine.

• Will it give me gainz? Does it mix well in ma protein shake?

@tony72722 @polocrew

• it's cannibalism.

• Ok you know what if it was cooked and prepared well, and put infront of me i'll eat it

• No thank you!

• No. I get why people would want to, but that just seems disgusting to me, I could not do it.