Is it illegal to do this?

I asked the teacher if I can go drink water and she was straight out rude to me.

Me: can I go drink water?
Sub: didn't you eat lunch?
Me:yeah?
Sub: then no.*starts sounding like a total (b*) go do your work. Should've drank water at lunch. You can drink water on your way out the door.
Me: * my mom drops open realizing how hurt I felt and wanted to defend my statement back and just turned around and walked away with everyone looking at me*
Um... It's quite rare for a teacher to be rude to me..

Most Helpful Girl

• She wasn't being illegal. She didn't trust you, so she didn't allow to go get water. If you were sick or needed to use the bathroom, that's a different story. Water can wait.
    She was respecting the rules for not letting students leaving the class for simple purposes that can wait.

• I'm always the good kid. Teacher didn't write a note that no one leaves the class room. Should I report it to my teacher?

• Well if the class was chaotic she should have let you get some water. That's a different case, it's not like you were having an important session. I agree with you on that.

• Yeah, she was being rude directly to me and when there is a sub we would be doing our own things and they wouldn't pay attention. I felt like she was against me.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't see what she did wrong. Most teachers and subs are paranoid of students roaming around instead of getting water or using the restroom like they requested. I remember all of my 5th block teachers (the class we had around lunch time) saying be sure to use the restroom or get water before coming back to class from lunch. If you didn't do it before then you must not have been thirsty, they made no exceptions.

• She didn't say that. She just straight out and said no like she hates me.

• Why are you taking it so personal if all she said was "No"? You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

• She could've said it nicely instead of yelling in my face?

• It's not illegal, she's just being an ass hole.

• ─░nform your manager

• I don't think it illegal it is kinda dickish but your not going to die pass out or need medical attention because you had to wait 20 minutes to the end of class to get a drink

• I was really dehydrated bc I ate chicken that made me thirsty. I only had milk. Water in the cafeteria cost $2.75. I don't like school water but I have to drink It

What Girls Said 2

• It's not illegal. It was more just rude as you pointed out with her tone of voice. Teachers can deny your requests to leave the classroom unless it's some emergency, and I'm sure you would've done that if it were. Substitute teachers also feel the need to be a bit tougher at times, so students take them seriously (as some children seem to think they can get away with murder with subs).

Overall, try not to let it bug you too much.

• I felt hurt how she said it right at me.

• Why? It was 30min after class started and we are all silently working

• Because you had the chance to drink at lunch. They want you in class and working as much as possible. I'm not saying she was nice about it at all, but I can see the reasoning behind it. If possible, can you bring a bottle of water to school from now on to avoid instances like this?

• No its not illegal to do this and I know because my moms a teacher And my aunts a lawyer so