Steam Gamers. I need you?

I got Fallout 3: New Vegas and I keep trying to install it. It pops up the screen, I click install and then it wants me to log on into Steam. I downloaded it and tried to log in and it wouldn't let me. The password and username work on the internet but it doesn't work on the desktop app. Its driving me nuts cause I want to play New Vegas. How can I play the game with or without Steam? I had it installed on my old laptop but it won't do it on my new laptop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you buy or download the game? If you bought it, it should come with the product key. If you downloaded, see if there's a folder with a crack or an keygen. If there's a crack, then copy it over the one in the installed directory. If there's a keygen then run the game and when it asks for a key, run the keygen and it should generate one.

Most Helpful Girl

• All PC games have a product key. Did you activate your product key, for Fallout 3 New Vegas through YOUR steam account? (Make sure the product key has not already been used, otherwise you'll need to get another one)

OR

-reinstall it

OR

-or if you have the disk version of the game, use that to reinstall it then update it

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You can ask on a steam forum ya know. Try going to the installtion folder where the game is. Assuming you're running windows that's the program files folder, steam, steamapps, common, etc. then find the game's folder and look for the program.