What dishes can I make with chicken?

I'm in Culinary 3 in highschool. My assignment is to break down a chicken and make and appetizer with the WINGS and an entree with the LEGS.
I need something different besides wings with sauce!!!

We serve her only one of our pieces tho... I make one wing for her or can put both in the dishbbut she'll just eat some and grade :-\
Same goes for the legs
Doesn't have to stay on the bone

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like a fun project. What are the rules? Does it have to stay on the bone when you are done?

• Nope. My class mate plans on making a salad. It's weird because, we keep one meat and serve the other to her

• Okay I can make a quesadilla in 50 minutes totally. I'll just look for plating ideas

• Apatizer I think would be pretty simple plating. Although of you avoid the BBQ sauce you could cut the quesadilla and put it around a dab of guacamole.

Most Helpful Girl

• Chicken Parmesan, chicken strips, grilled chicken to put in a salad, chicken schwarma, chicken quesadillas, BBQ chicken, chicken pot pie, chicken marsala, rotisserie chicken.
    haha i like chicken.

• you can also put it in chili or soups.

• I can only use one or both of the pieces. Its in the details

• I was thinking about a soup actually. I'm not a good cook

What Guys Said 6

• Make chicken tagine with the leg meat. It's shockingly simple and a very tasty dish. It'll also separate you from the rest of your classmates.

assets.epicurious.com/.../234649.jpg

www.epicurious.com/.../chicken-tagine-with-apricots-and-almonds-234649

• Thanks for an actual dish! Yes I want to stand out

• You're welcome!

Do you just need to make one serving's worth? Because I totally think you can get enough meat if that's the case.

• I would've said an appetizer and an entre are pretty much the same thing. One is the English word and one is the french.

You certainly wouldn't eat chicken legs for entre. Wings maybe.

Tell your teacher he/she is an idiot.
    There's so much you can do with chicken though. Just Google chicken recipes.

• It was assigned to her from the new culinary lesson rubric. They "upgraded" work and what we should learn

• You should make a scene about being vegan and demand an A

• Soup?

• whit rice with soy sauce and fries.

• Chicken noodle soup and fried chicken

What Girls Said 2

• Marinade the wings with a nice smoky, spicy sauce.
    The legs can made into a stew, with carrots, onion, peas, leak (if you want to) and more veggies. And make some rice to go with it or on a bed of mash potato

• wings: patties, sandwich,
    legs: not sure