Can you change your own oil?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yessssss! & Change my spark plugs, my air filter, my windshield wipers, my brakes & my thermostat!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• No I have no car!

• Sometimes, but you have to train your skin.

• Yes, my Dad taught me how to take care of my car, mostly just the simple maintenance stuff though. I can change my own oil, but I'd rather have a shop do it, that way I don't have to bother with disposing the used oil and stuff.

• Yerp. I can. On my car

And on my motorbike

Anddddd on my dirt bike

• Absolutely. I learned it from this guy I used to be. He was all about cars.

• No
    ///////

• Sadly no lol I can put gas in my car and that's pretty much it :(

• If you know how to do it right and have the right tools

• No. I would like to learn though.

What Guys Said 8

• Lol I was able to do that at 12 years old. Now with 2 years of automotive tech , there isn't a repair that I can't do with the exception of rebuilding an automatic transmission

• Can you rebuild a 18 speed out of a kenworth

• The manual tranny would be possible but don't ask for it in a hurry lol

• Unfortunately the manual transmission was the only one I had the chance to rebuild

• Yep. And do.

• I can change my own oil, oil filter and pump gas. However I won't touch other shit on my bike, I don't trust myself enough to do critical stuff like working on the chain or brakes.

• It's easier to maintain the brakes and chain on a dirt bike. Harder on a super sport

• If you just want a naked bike, just leave the fairings off lol a lot of people do it here, it's like a new trend, that and debadging plus custom paint jobs is the norm

• @mooky06 it's kind of love/hate thing with me and naked bikes. I like the more naked classic look, I could get rid of fairing and stuff and have the bike look like a stunt bike, but I also love my plain white fairings on my 250 and 600. Check out SV650A a new bike from Suzuki, something I would definitely want to get.

• No problem. I know how to reprogramme maps on the ecu for the stoichiometric ratio using a laptop. If you can do that you can do anything in a car. I trained in the reme for 5 years.

• i have no business working on cars and will likely break something if i try

• I certainly can

• You can do anything when you set your mind in motion with at least one hands.

• Yes, you can do all the repairs yourself if you wish, trust me I'm a diesel mechanic