Are you scared of travelling alone?

its one of my worries I hate not knowing the place and the nature of a strange place.
I`m not cynical of people its plainly not safe to travel alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Noo travelling alone is so exciting! :p and the thrill and adrenaline rush you get, and also being able to do what you want, when you want where you want without having to rendezvous with those you're travelling with. I'm always travelling alone, maybe because I'm just a lone wolf and I'm independant but travelling alone isn't so scary when you know where to go and have your route planned out. Even if you don't have a planned route it's so easy to just ask around for directions, places, even getting free lifts haha. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• No not at all. You are an adult now you need to have confidence in yourself and your abilities. This is why parents shouldn't shelter their kids.

What are you going to do when you have to go on your first business trip? This is something you need to get comfortable with. Maybe start by going somewhere with a friend your age then maybe drive or fly somewhere by yourself before graduating.

• I have already I`m in a different country for my studies but its in the back of my mind if anything should happen I`m alone but if I had a travel body I would feel safer.

• you are welcome

What Guys Said 18

• It's not a big deal to travel alone. In the beginning, it might be seen weird because you have no idea where you are going to end. However if you do a good planning, chances that everything go fine are high.

In my opinion, it is a good experience since you learn to be a little more independent, and jump into an adventure. A place where you've never been before, and you know nothing about it.

I'll totally do it again, and again. :)

• Yep same with me
    I need someone to travel with me or else I get bored
    A partner is good for a company

• Yea becusse you never went there OP? Lol what exactly you scared of? I went italy last year to meet relatives all by myself and made some other Bros there lol

• Nope been there done a ton of that. Research is the key my dear, 'know' the place before going there.

• I would not but as a girl alone it is a diferent story ofcourse. More fragile..

• Travelling a lot makes you aware of dangerous situation it's part of the package of traveling

• It actually sounds exciting!!

• It's not that bad; you just need to plan.

• No, i am not afraid of traveling alone. I never will be, however dangerous that place may be, I will always keep hope ahead of my fear, hope that I will find good people who would guide me and even if something happens to me or someone takes advantage of me like rob me or stab me, I wouldn't be cynical coz I know that it wasn't my fault. The simple beauty and freedom is just too good to pass up.

• Honestly, I think travelling to random places abroad and staying at random places for the nights and stuff are just intimidating in general. I wouldn't normally do that unless it was a necessity.

• no. it's fun. i studied in italy by myself for 3 months. it was dope. i wanna go backpacking somewhere else. i almost made an 8500 mile road trip for 6 weeks across america and back.

• For a girl it can be scary, I still remember the first time I traveled to Norway. It was excited and scared at the same time although I planned every step I had still this fear I got lost somewhere, but there were so many people that understood English so that helped a lot through the trip. Now I'm addicted to travel alone (makes me more manly haha) and all these different cultures its just a adventurous experience.

• I actually prefer it.

I stay where I want, I eat when and where I want, I get up when I want, I go see what I want.

My first big overseas trip I travelled alone and it was AMAZING.

My second one, I took my (now ex) fiance with me and well... she was a buzzkill. Hated getting up to make tours, wanted to stay out all night drinking, complained that I kept getting up to use the hotel gym, she wanted to go shopping instead of the tours etc.

• I love the feeling, going wherever I want to and being able to enjoy the serenity is amazing. I do arm myself best I can before hand though.

• Nope, I'm alright with it. I just choose not to. If for the right reason then I will.

• I have done this so many time. Not scared at all. It just gets boring sometimes.

• As a woman, you should be more scared, it's just sort of how it is. I'm not real scared to go new places, as a guy

• I'm an introvert and I prefer to stay either alone or with 1 person I love. However when it comes to travelling I like to have 3-4 friends. Not scared of anything but excitement of travelling dies soon.

What Girls Said 18

• I would not do it tbh, I travel alone bu only to go back home or to come back here haha but as tourism travelling? Nope! I would only travel with my family and future partner, and maybe friends? If I travel alone I would only go to a place where I know I have friends or family.

• is there a reason why you don`t travel alone?

• Many reasons:
      - Getting Lost
      - Sexual harassment. In many places being a lonely woman in a foreign place can put you in a vulnerable position
      - And I'm not independent enough to do it atm, I think I might do it for studying or business purposes when older :)

• It's a mixture for me. I would be excited and highly nervous. Plus, I hate traveling alone, so I travel with my fave teddy bear that I've had since I was 12. That and my phone to text my friends, family and boyfriend. Also with music, YouTube and a good book. I just need to find my comfy spot, plug in my ear plugs, snuggle my teddy and I'm good to go. 😊

• After my personal experience and watching taken and all that $#!+ that goes on with sex trafficking, I'm terrified to travel alone :(

• I've been always traveling alone, for the main reason my friends doesn't have enough money and time to spare for traveling. Last year, i've been to 4 countries alone. It depends on the person really. Im not that scared. I got used to it.

• I traveled alone back when I was 8 years old. I wasn't afraid back then, I didn't have second thoughts of what could have happened to me. As for now, I still won't be afraid, if I did it when I was 8, I could do it now.

• One of the best experiences of my life was travelling alone. It's exciting and it truly feels like a vacation because you're on your own time. at least for me, I'm always on someone else's time. Works time, bfs time, appointment times, school times. When I traveled alone I didn't have to wake up when someone else wanted to. I could choose where I wanted to go without consideration to someone else, and making random friends was awesome. I would love to do it again soon.

• it worries me too but that s the exciting part. I wanna do it! xD

• Heck, yes.

• Yes I am very scared of traveling alone. I know a few friends who have and are going to travel alone, but I could never do it. It's much safer having someone who experiences the same you do.
    But, if you keep smart and awake, it will probably be alright. But I would never do it.

• I actually love it. a lot.

• Nah I love it. I'm excited to go on my second solo trip in 24 days. :D

• Yes and no. I usually find groups of people my age to travel with abroad. But I can go somewhere alone just depending on the location.

• No, traveling alone must be amazing!

• Yeah, I'm mostly afraid to get raped

• Nope, not at all.

• It depends on where I'm going to, I guess.

• I am not naive and do realize certain dangers of traveling alone... but I kind of love it. I've driven to different states alone and flown many times by myself. For me, it's an exciting new adventure.

• I've travelled to the other side of the world and back alone so no, I'm not scared of travelling alone.