Do you have any real phobias?

Or think you do?
Do you have any real phobias?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say spiders. A 'real' phobia is where the phobic object causes disproportional fear and anxiety in your life, to the point that you go to extreme lengths to avoid coming into contact with it. I do that with spiders. Like even little harmless ones where the appropriate response is ignore or move them, I'll be backing up as far as possible, shaking, crying and if there's one in the bedroom that we haven't managed to find and remove, I won't sleep in the room.

Most Helpful Guy

• We have nothing to fear, except fear itself... and spiders... and werewolves... and Donald Trump... undercooked meat, the dark, Hilary Clinton, North Korea, hillbillies, hipsters, botched surgery, sexual impotence, being hypo or hyper anything, Darth Vader, discovering you've spontaneously become fatally allergic to something commonplace, escaped chimpanzees, mennorhea, ghonorhea, stupid people in large numbers, Bill Cosby, the matrix, Canada, escaped mental patients, a mob of gay men redecorating your bachelor pad fabulously, alligators, driving behind log trucks, raw sewage, latent homosexuality, your bff telling all of your deepest darkest secrets, Ronald Regan's ghost, Abraham Lincon's ghost, Darth Vader's ghost, the westborro baptist church, people who remember the "good old days" who also have holes in their sheets, a mass prison escape, your grandparents, and the psycho killer on the other side of the shower curtain...

• ... being bullied by a child under threat of being accused of molestation, random gang violence, Fox News, communism, people who take Rush Limbaugh seriously, capitalism, Jesus coming back while i'm spankin' it, those things from "The Descent", a swarm of spiders gestating in what appears to be a pimple and then bursting forth while i'm shaving, the Borg, Xenomorphs, Sigourney Weaver, castration, cows, Mr Pennysworth, Bob, the meth lab next door exploding, religeous fanatics, sharks, anything that brushes by/over my foot/leg while i'm swimming in the ocean, republican youth, turning into my parents, being hunted for sport, being kidnapped (still), juggalos (only in large numbers, individually they usually only damage unattended property; they are cowards), Jebb Bush (*please* not another bush...*please*...), finding out that my girlfriend's ex is bigger, rabies, and witchcraft

What Girls Said 23

• Yes. I have a fear of commitment. I am what you would call a "commitmentphobe." I can't commit to people because I fear of ending up in a relationship just like my parents. This is why I subconsciously continue to go after f*ckboi's because I know that despite my longing of a normal and healthy relationship, I fear it won't last so I go for a "relationship" that is bound to end in failure.

• Arachnophobia. And to a certain extent, heights.

• Yep. Leeches. They can easily give me panic attacks.

• I have a fear of confined spaces/feeling trapped and an irrational phobia of magots I can't be within 30 feet of them !!! Yik!! Which is silly considering how small they are. I'm fine with spiders etc...

• Nope... maybe the phobia that I will be broke!

• I'm pretty sure my bird phobia is real. u should see me around some species lmao.

• Spiders and deep water. I can't even get on boats and when I see a spider I can't move or breathe.. It really sucks..

• I think I have a phobia of lizards. -_-"

• Same here 😑

• Ha! When has a Scorpio ever been dangerous to you? You're generally courteous and kind to people on here. All you're ever likely to get from a Scorpio in response to that is warm, goofy, and playful...

• @AhGojira No, I mean the image of the scorpio itself is dangerous. Just like how you showed it in that picture. :P

Aww thank you very much.
      That is an honor to me. ^-^

• I am Extremely afraid, of Totem Poles or just Native American art. I love the History though I passed out from being around one. I had a dream about them and woke up in hot sweats. Pueblo art does nothing though. I live In Washington so they are everywhere. When I was 6 I had a very imaginative mind, I've always had one. Eagle ones scare me and their creepy faces. Even the word gives me a fucking panic attack.

• So it's the faces and imagery that scare you?

• National Treasure? And I trust a smile if it reaches their eyes, But i never trust a fake one :P

• I smile with my eyes. National Treasure is supringsly a Disney Movie it is really good though.

• I have coulrophobia, a fear of clowns. I was brought onto the stage at the circus when I was 5 and the clowns scared me so much I fainted...
    I also have claustrophobia, fear of small spaces. I got stuck in a crawl space in my grandmas house when I was about 7. No one found me for 6 hours, we were playing hide and seek..

• Emetophobia, fear of vomiting.

• Coulrophobia, Acrophobia and Entomophobia... :(

• Fire and spiders

• Sometimes spiders

• I think I have trypophobia

• Pistanthrophobia-fear of trusting someone

• I have OCD (I get that this probably doesn't count) and it's honestly hell

• Drowning
    Clowns
    Claustrophobia

• Deep and dark water, yes. I don't go swimming in lakes or oceans because the last time I did I got a panic attack.

• Honestly. Phobia of getting fat.

• Spiders!! I begin to sweat shake and if it comes too close I begin to cry.

• I'm have social anxiety and a bunch of phobias (with no logical explanation to go along with them...)
    Here's a list of them, I know they all have names but I'm way too lazy to look them up:
    Insects- particularly anything that flies or 'scuttles'
    Birds
    Dogs
    Heights
    Bellybuttons (I know this one 'cuz it's weird- ornithophobia, I believe)
    Feathers
    Internal organs of any sort (more grossed out than afraid but I still consider it one of my phobias)
    Anything related to my social anxiety- walking by strangers, talking on the phone, presentations, speaking up, etc.
    Fish
    Small animals (rats, mice, etc)

I consider all of the above to be my phobias because about 85% of the time there'll be a panic attack associated with them, whenever I see/go near them. For the animals: only when they're not in a zoo or something.

• Glad I'm not alone haha! The bird/feather thing actually does have an explanation- I've been attacked by birds twice (apparently I've completely exaggerated my memories of the experiences, according to my parents. Funny how that works.) But yeah other than that, definitely weird.

• Not really scarred of birds, Just thinking of the feathers in my mouth freaks me out :(

• None that i know of...

What Guys Said 20

• I dunno if it counts as an phobia or not but I didn't feel at easy when I was suspended in pretty high heights with no ground underneath.

• I'm deathly scared of dropping a new born baby so I always opt out of holding them. My in law had a child about a week ago and I swear time stood still when she asked if I wanted to hold the kid :( I was like NOOOOOOO!!! Too much much riding on that lol

• LOL!!! I'm afraid of dying from skydiving, bunjee jumping, basecliff jumping, jumping off a cliff without a parashute, lol

• I can't believe people do that sort of thing for fun.

• I was practically closing my eyes... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! They're going to fall, they're going to die! ... and they were just smiling there stupid little mounts off bending forward as if they didn't want to fall off the cliff.

Not to get off topic, LOL! What was more irritating, lol, was the group of people that were talking around the only bench, but not actually sitting in it like a little human fence AND THEY looked at me like I WAS CRAZY when I practically pushed them out of the way and sat down on it becasue I was a tad bit tired! I'm like thinking in my head "are these people stupid?"

• OH XD that was at the grand canyon too of course not to long after the crazy cliff picture people.

• Socialism.

• Spiders. They creep me out, also because I don't know if they are deadly or not. There are some bad deadly spiders where i live that i've red of.

• Aside from babies... marriage...

• I have a slight case of both arachnophobia and Acrophobia.

• I have policophobia when around cops, I see them as the problem causers rather than problem solvers.
    I also have paralipophobia, paraphobia, parasitophobia, and mostly phallophobia.

• phallophobia, Is that fear of penis?

• So just a fear of naked, Pretty much?

• I have many fairs as to how people sees my image and my friends image as well as my children.

• Bugs. I have phobia to bugs, Any i hate them all even ants im scared of all of them, I've seen a lot nightmares as a kid

• the sounds of a train, yes it sounds stupid, but it causes me fear and anxiety and triggers panic attacks, if that. counts

• Yeah that counts, It might be the loud noise or suddenness that causes it. People that suffer panic attacks all have their unique triggers, It seems like.

• I think I have acrophobia. I currently had two dreams where I was extremely scared of heights., and still feel the fear irl.

• I have a Equinophobia (fear of horses) and Globophobia (fear of balloons).

• Both pretty strange, Especially that second one.

• Fearing horses isn't strange, it's quite common actually. Horses are big and unpredictable creatures.

I'm scared of the balloons popping, so I give you thato one is weird.

• I always fear a horse will see my penis bulge and get crazy jealous, Then try to murder me with it's hoofs :(

• Dancing filler

• I have a phobia of fatties. I'm genuinely fatphobic...

• i have darkness phobia

• BASIC BITCHES

• I probably have the weirdest phobia you can imagine lol. Butterfly phobia xD I hate it lol. I really feel severely uncomfortable when in the presence of those coloured ones. The white ones are kinda fine with me.
    I also have some social anxiety and i dont like the darkness lol

• I hate going under water or closed in spaces

• Social phobia.

I'm oddly resiliant to almost everything else.

• Yes I have a real phobia. Sometimes it isn't as strong as other times though.

• by the way social phobia isn't a phobia. I'm shy too. It's not a phobia. I know the difference between that and a real phobia.

• "Socialism" You got to be fucking kidding me.

• "Socialism" yeah, you dont want the commies in office.