About to go off to college. Would love all the advice you older college people could give me. About school, relationships, surviving, ect... XD?

Not knowing what its gonna be like sucks. So don't hold back on info about how hard the work would be, whether friends are hard to find or not. And ladies don't forget tips on college girls too ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Try not to take out any loans.
    Im thinking of going back to college and from what I have heard most guys only expect sex from girls in college
    As for relationships usually relationships don't last that long in college but every one is different
    See an advisor to clarify what college classes you need to take
    Apply for scholarships asap don't wait until the last minute
    Try to intern and go to school full time as much as you can
    If you get a job try to get one on campus

Most Helpful Guy

• -just do what you want. everything will work out. there's nothing you really need to know that you won't figure out yourself.

-college isn't so much harder as it is faster. 1 semester is basically the equivelant of an entire school year's worth in high school. maybe 3/4 at least. also, work doesn't get too hard until about a month till finals. if you feel like killing yourself the last 2 weeks, don't worry... everyone does

-chances are, you'll feel like you made the wrong choice in the beginning. we had a fall break that was right around Halloween. i didn't find my best friends until closer to Thanksgiving. irony? it was the dude across the hall from me and a girl that lived right above me. also, my dorm was extremely close. so everything will work out

-college partying is overrated. not overrated in the fact they necessarily suck, but overrated in that people don't go to house parties with 500 kids in a room and it's not an every night thing. i mean some people do do that and there are probably at least a few parties going on, but most people don't party, go out, get plastered, etc every night. then again, i went to a smaller liberal arts school so I don't know about schools like usc.

What Girls Said 4

• College is the best place for you to prepare yourself mentally, spiritually, financially, and educationally for the real world. Never forget that. This world can be so cruel so it's important that you set up the framework for a happy, healthy, prosperous adult life after college. Let this be your main goal no matter what.

- Stay focused! Prepare a map for your collegiate career and commit yourself to it.
    - Take advantage of day light. Wake up early to go to the gym then go to class. Be mindful of what foods you put into your body. Take care of your body now so that it can take care of you later. It won't always be easy but you'll be so glad you had the discipline to do it. It's so important to be strong and healthy.
    - Manage your time and prioritize your schedule getting the most important things done first.
    - Buy condoms in bulk.
    - Friends shouldn't be too hard to find so long as you put yourself out there, are willing to try new things, and make the effort to be social, warm, and inviting.

• "Wake up early to go to the gym then go to class"... you must be high :D

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau Riiiight? Hot showers feel earned when your body is sore/has been worked damn hard. You've gotta try mentha shower gel with hot water then a soothing aloe gel mask that's been placed in the freezer for a bit before bed.

• in college? i played intramural ultimate frisbee for 4 years and rugby for a semester (i stopped after i got braces and scared about getting my teeth fucked up). before that, i did track & field for 10 years, cross country for a year and football for a couple years in high school

nah. they suck for running. their songs don't get ya pumped! when i had a race or about to do hurdles or jump (i did all 3), i'd listen to rap or trap to get hyped. when i was running like during xc, i listened to more house or something to keep the pace up. and i'll spare you about them in the super bowl so count yourself lucky :P

I don't know about all that stuff. i just took hot showers so i didn't smell like butthole :D and i don't like being covered in sweat, mud and blood. it was more of a preference than a reward :D and I don't know about all that other stuff. i just went in, turned the lights off, put the water as hot as humanly possible and stay there for 30 minutes :)

• after two semesters of college, here is what I learned:
    dont take both morning and night classes take one or the other.
    take care of your mental health
    just because you can skip classes does not mean you should.
    Find a "spot" in the library and let yourself get attached to it. When you go to study for a huge test, it will feel more like coming home than like sitting down to do work.

here's an article on how to pass a hard class
    www.bellakulture.com/.../...rd-college-course.html

• Literally , pay attention in school make sure there is a job market for your degree. don't be like me and party all the time, it didn't work out well when I tried to focus in class while having a hang over. Literally realize how important your knowledge will be and do internships those are also important and try to get jobs that have to with your field so you have a lot of experience once out of school. Start paying off your loans while in school , you don't want to Have to deal with deferring your loans or when you see those interest rates after college Its so real. FYI being an adult is hard

• Don't procrastinate and always double check that you have everything you need for the day in your backpack the worst feeling is when you worked your butt off the night before and arn't able to turn it in on time.

What Guys Said 10

• 1. Go to class; you have to go to class. It's not that bad it's only 50 minutes or 100 minutes for those 2 classes per week.

2. Use this website: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/
    Try to take the best or easiest professor.

3. Online courses are difficult because you can become lazy. If you lack discipline, stay away from online courses if you can.

4. Get into a study group.

5. Volunteer or join internships or ask your major professors if you can work on some projects. This will get a foot into the industry.

6. Go to the sporting events; they are quite fun.

7. Work out; to avoid the freshman 15, utilize the gym. You are paying for it anyway.

8. If you need extra help or clarification, use the office hours. There are also homework help at the library.
    Also, use Khan academy on youtube.

• Remember studies come first no matter what. Join clubs about anything you find a little fun to make friends. It'll feel overwhelming the first few weeks but that will pass so don't panic too much and just tough it through.

• From my experience, the work is harder in university than in college.

I kind of agree with with @TheHooptyMiata 's opinion (though I've never done any of that). Enjoy life while you can and make the most of it.

As for grades, it doesn't matter as much on a resume, as long as you get your diploma and know your stuff.

• I'm confused, isn't university just another word for college?

But yeah, I'm in my 2nd year, and I figure OP might as well enjoy college - the stream of liquor, drugs and sorority sluts has to come to an end eventually. Just enjoy it while it's there.

• @TheHooptyMiata Don't pay attention to him he's from Canada. They talk funny up there.

• @zagor lol, sorry, I didn't know the semantics in the states were different

• Focus solely on academics and your life will be a breeze. The trouble comes when people try too hard to have fun and cannot balance it out. Put schoolwork first and everything else will be easier.

• Party a lot, fuck a lot, take shitloads of drugs and do irresponsible shit. It's what college is for.

• chk your email at your personal@whatz. edu address numerous times a day. profs love filling up your inbox with bullshit they expect you to know.

• Only bang hotties, play a lot of sport, don't get too sucked into groupthink, meaning always be your own man.

• 0|0
  • fuck and get many girls pregnant. Oh and do your homework too kid :)

• Don't do drugs?

• Way ahead of you.

• Alright.

• Try not to procrastinate too. The temptation will be there. Get your school stuff done.