Back when I was a teenager, it was always comparably hard for me to find new friends. Apart from a few other reasons, one reason for this was that contrary to most people I knew, I didn't belong to a subculture. Social subcultures are very popular and important among teens and young adults in my country. I remember people telling me that I'm a little weird because I was this "outsider". Some people even asked me "How can you NOT belong to a subculture?" I kept telling people that I'm not so interested in that but clearly, other teens thought it was unimaginable to not belong to one. So, have you ever belonged to a subculture or do you belong to one now? Are subcultures important/widespread in your country?
Here are a few examples I could think of. Or do you belong to one I forgot?
- Yes, I am/was an Emo!0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Yes, I am/was a gothic kid!0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Yes, I am/was a punk!7% (1)7% (1)7% (2)Vote
- Yes, I am/was a metal head!0% (0)7% (1)3% (1)Vote
- Yes, I am/was a skinhead!0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
- Yes, I am/was a Goa, hipster, otaku, raver, hiphopper or something else! (please specify, not enough poll options)33% (5)33% (5)33% (10)Vote
- I have never belonged to a subculture60% (9)53% (8)57% (17)Vote