Wouldn't this make a GREAT movie?

Hear me out!

Today, I was googling Queen Tory's 9 kids and figured one of them married some Prussian king named Frederick. I thought ''Is this the gay Frederick I've heard so much about?'' it wasn't, but then I googled ''gay prussian king'' and this page came up:

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com.tr/2011/10/frederick-great-1712-1786.html

Wouldn't this make a GREAT movie?
(Excuse me while I pick my jaw off the floor.)

Wouldn't this make an AMAZING movie? About Fred II and this Hans guy? It could be about those events: them being lovers, Fred's dad suspecting, getting Hans beheaded, Fred going on to become a fucking great leader? I'd SO get this done if I was rich enough to pull off the cost―a few million dollars for what I have in mind if we don't do an all-star cast (I'd looove to get Meryl Streep. She's actually of German descent.). Or it could be alternative history, them running away and things happenning. It could be fantasy, with magic and shit. It would have PROPER wigs, unlike every other 18th century show. Or it could have no wigs like in Hamilton, it could be with a diverse cast that look nothing like the actual historical people. It could be a musical―wait a minute. LMM COULD DO THIS! He would write such awesome songs.

I also went to the Wikipedia page of Frederick's mother Sophia Dorothea and found THIS:

Society was crazily homophobic (or not even homophobic as homosexuality wasn't even a thing yet) and misogynist back then, I get it. But this guy took it to another level. Suleiman I of the Ottoman Empire who lived 2 centuries before this guy took his wife's (Hurrem Sultan) advice on political matters. And that woman arrived in the palace as a slave! Later, Kosem Sultan basically ruled the country for her son who was too young to rule. Why does successful women scare you so much, Fred's dad?

Maybe it would be about Fred, Hans and Sophia joining forces to murder Fred's dad, because man, that's what I would do if I was there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, this would be an amazing movie. I'd love to watch it if one was made. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I think I seen a movie similiar but its about women lover!

What Guys Said 5

• Ow that would be so sad. But mightbe the starting point for some heavy drama.

• Homosexuality has been a thing since before ancient greece

• People did it but it was an act, not something you were. Like ''Thomas likes to fuck guys, he's a sodomite, damn when will he get a wife'' rather than ''Thomas likes guys, wants to marry his partner but it's illegal, give him rights''. The idea that human sexuality could have any other variation than marry opposite sex & have sex in missionary position to procreate would be radical. I

• Homosexuality became a word around late 1800's where it was classified a mental disease where you like the same sex.

• Only recently it started being accepted as a normal variation of human sexuality.

• Reminds me of tyrion and the whore he saved when he was younger

• Is that Game of Thrones? J need to watch that show

• Then you tell J that show is awesome and to sit her butt down and watch! :0

• I meant *I lol

• Homosexualality didn't exist in those day sure just like in Britain two men might indulge in a bit of bum fun but they weren't gay.

• They wouldn't identify as gay, obv, it became a word much after that. But just because the word didn't exist, it doesn't mean people didn't exist. If I killed a massive amount of people because they're Swedish, but I did it before the word genocide was first used, it would still be a genocide. There were pirates who preferred to exclusively have sex with men, not women. What do you call them? Homosexual! Which means gay!

Fred could be bisexual too, not sure, but I don't think he was interested in females.

• Well, it's your life

• I wasn't gay they were. Like this one kid when I was at school was gay so me and the guys decided to rape him for being gay. In fact the thought of that queer makes me sick.

• HMM this is tumblr so don't believe everything it says i did some brief searching and it is contested whether he was gay or not (not enough evidence to conclude even though tumblr says he was gay) I think it'd be interesting but a massive bastardization of history to go with this narrative that is clearly more interested in pushing an ideology than history.

• I didn't find this on Tumblr? It has nothing to do with Tumblr.

• People try their hardest to presume everyone straight because you can't have %100 proof someone was only interested in men unless they say so. Well, no one said so before homosexuality actually became a word.

Look, if we look at the big picture, everyone seems to link things to an ideology those days. But you need to stop assuming things. I'm not trying to recruit dead people to gayness to make up for lack of representation. This isn't wishful thinking.

We can debate if this guy is gay or not. In my opinion the evidence is strong. The mere words of his father describe what everyone would describe a young man sleeping around with guys at that era: “unmanly, lascivious, female pursuits highly unsuitable for a man.”

• And by the way, saying people are gay is not ''bastardization''. Unless you think being gay is bad?

What Girls Said 8

• I have every guys worset nightmare idea for a move its very good I made it up when I was pissed off at a guy

• I... Think I love you

• Nah...

• No it sounds horrible.

• Actually there was an American politician in the 1800a who was openly gay. But I don't see anyone making a movie about that.

Oh but let's make a movie because the guy is gay. Why is it only interesting because he's gay?

What makes you assume that they were homophobic if you say homosexuality wasn't even a thing yet?

• *1800s

• Here we go again. They were against guys having sex with guys. Which is, for the lack of a better word, homophobic. I'm not saying homosexual people didn't exist, it's just the concept of homosexuality that didn't exist. Surely you don't think people were gay-friendly back then?

You're very narrow minded. Where in the world did you get the ridiculous idea I want to make a movie just because the guy is gay? (Also, are you talking about James Buchanan? He was not openly gay.) There's a homophobic subtext here, as you can't be stupid enough to think thaf. That guy is gay, but there's much more going on in his life. Being the crown prince, a neurotic king as a dadwho wants him to be more masculine and believes his mother should "only be kept for breeding", the things he goes through with his father and Katte, and becoming a pretty rad king after his father's death.

• a lot of men back then that women should be kept for breeding back then? What's your point?

People like you claim to be tolerant then are quick to attack someone who does not agree with you. Lmao

Oh so I'm narrow minded because you don't agree with my opinion?

Typical immature response. Grow up

• I am turkish and I like Suleiman

• Abomination all of it.

• Awww you've really though this through haha.

• I have too much free time 📝