What do you think about meat-eating?

And other animal products? Like honey (bees are killed) and cow's milk (cows suffer, male and some female calfs killed) or fur? I'm a meat eater myself. I like animals but can't bring myself to become a full on herbivore.

I believe it's natural to eat meat but other animals eat meat they kill, one at a time. They don't have industries where billions are slaughtered and cause harm to the environment & consume resources.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's natural but in a commercial setting it supports the abuse of animals sadly.

Most Helpful Girl

• Humans are omnivores. We're designed to digest meat as well as vegetables.

Plus, meat is delicious. :)

• Read the second paragraph

• There's too many of them now. And no, I'm not saying everyone should do it. I'm talking to you.

What Guys Said 12

• plants are alive when you eat them. why would that be any different or better than eating meat? and you dont kill bees for honey lol

• There are books on that, go read

• and those books are probably wrong plants can feel pain and their screams are recordable.

• I like meat more than fish... though pasta is my favourite food :D
    I think it's okay to kill an animal for food. Certainly not for fun and also not for luxury products :-(

• Thats the animal way to eat and hunt. Humans are much more efficient so we can mass produce. I mean we do have a lot of mouths to feed and hunting for meat is past us now.

• I recommend the book Slaughterhouse. Animals killed in unsanitary ways threat human health

• Honestly I'd like to avoid it from a moral standpoint, but I really would be miserable (and too thin) if I didn't have meat. I really enjoy it, but I wish I didn't.

• Bah, maybe when meat culturation is a thing, people will stop whining about eating meat.

• i will always eat meat

• You know honey isn't meat
    Its bee vomit

• I feel the same way a lion does when he eats a zebra. Yum yum!

• I like meat to much to be a vegetarian.

• Human beings have evolved to eat both meat and vegetables. It is part of our diet. Nothing you can do to change that. If you choose not to eat a part of that diet - what you as a human being are required to eat - you must supplement it with an alternative that contains what you would have gotten from what you didn't eat.

However, it is your conscious mind that chooses whether to eat something or not. Your human body requires what is contained in meat. Requires. But you can in fact eat no meat and replace it with tablets so you do not get ill.

• cows don't suffer when they are being milked they suffer more if they just had the milk still in them if ya ever been on a farm at milking times the cows be at the gate but that is not the case for bullocks being moved to another field you have to chase them out of the paddock into the new paddock but they do suffer when they give birth to the calfs to produce milk just like humans

• Life is only sustained by killing, either directly, inadvertently or by displacement and competition.

What Girls Said 5

• There are several different dietary needs so there's no one right way to eat. The industries that you have a problem with are also what allow poor families to be able to afford meat in their diets.

If you have a problem with the way something is done in the food industry, why don't you join and find ways to fix the things you dislike?

• My honest opinion.. I believe in animal rights, because they don't have a say or a voice. BUT I do also believing slaughtering and killing animals won't stop, if people want to eat it- that's their choice I'm not going to jump down someones throat for their choices- because no one does to me. I do believe that most of the time they're killed in the most inhumane ways and that should be changed.

• As long as i don't eat meat of animals in danger of extinction, such as Sea Cow or Dodo, there's nothing to stop me from enjoying fresh delicious meat :P

• Love it. Period.

• I love meat.