What will you name your firstborn?

Or first-adopted. I like names and have a long list, but when it comes to a name I will actually use, I want it to mean something. Charlotte will be the name of my first daughter. When I was little I read about the Bronte sisters and said ''Wow! I'll name my firstborn Charlotte!''. It's a cute name, so I think I'll actually do it.

Middle name could be:

Jade (my mother's name in English)
Wahida (original spelling of my grandmother's name)
Betsey or Elizabeth
Luna

For boys, I'm thinking Frederick, Nathaniel, Alexander, Ivan (nickname Vanya), Alan

0|0
31|26

Most Helpful Guy

• If it is a girl Saoirse (means freedom in Irish) not sure about male name

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't go names of girls I actually know so Charlotte is out, Jade and Elizabeth too.

I want to name my daughter either Vivianna or Vivianne. Leaning more towards Vivianna. I want to give her the middle name Tracey after my Aunt who died from cancer. I like the names Juniper (not to be confused with the planet Jupiter) and Scarlett - saving those names for the second daughter.

I will be naming my son Caiden. A tradition runs in my family that the son's middle is his father's first name.

I will be getting married in 2017, his last name is Morton so their full names would be
    Vivianna Tracey Morton
    Caiden Alex Morton

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 25

• Monica Basil, after Ss. Monica and Basil the Great (also my aunt Monica). That or Jennie Marie, after my mother Jennie and St. Mary of Egypt.

1|0
    0|0
    • Nice religious names!

• "This one girl tried to Billie Jean me, but I was wearing TWO rubbers, so name that n---a Houdini"
    -Ras Kass

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I'm just avoiding stupid names like Chad, Zack, Maddox, Jayden, Addison, Morgan, Brooke etc.

3|1
    0|0
    • None of those are stupid. (Maybe Brooke.) You don't call something stupid just because it's trendy or a celebrity used it.

• Show All
    • I can't fault your logic. I personally think Zack (or Zackary, which is my full name) is OK though.

• @TheHooptyMiata actually I take it back, Zack is fine! I won't change my mind about the rest tho! hahaha

• Mike Litoris

2|1
    0|0
    • hahahaha!

• Show All
    • Wow, that's really sad :/
      I read somewhere that they are supposed to live 3-4 years. But all the rat youtubers I watch say they lost their's around 2. I recently got a 3rd (today, haha) and though she's from the same breeder, she's sneezing on and off. I've never had illness with mine, and I'm really feeling anxious and guilty if they get sick or if it's because of her young age/new smells.

• @vishna Congratulations on the new rat! I can't say for sure because I am no expert but I think you're right, might be because of the new smells because if she were sick the breeder would have noticed and they would have separated her from the litter so that the other ones dont get sick as well. I think its going to be fine :)

• If it's a girl, I want Ellie.

I don't know about the boy's name yet... I think that proves how much I want a little girl :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm too bad at names, so I would leave that choice to my wife (if and when I do get married).

0|0
    0|0
  • "Taxdeduction Offspring One"

0|0
    0|0
  • My firstborn? I'd call him or her "Number 2", just to mess with'em. JK, I'd have to think about it and discuss it with my partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • Boy - Jed... want him to be able to play the banjo.

Girl - Jedette same as above.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a boy I am leaning towards Arthur if it is a girl I like Elara.

0|0
    0|0
  • bolthazar

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had been lucky enough to have had children, my daughter would have been Angharad Morwenna Rose and my son would have been Alexander Theodore Gaius.

0|0
    0|0
  • A name that symbolizes whatever journey that lead up to their birth.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know, but my son won't be named after me, lol!

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls Chelsea Or London Boys Jago pronounced Jay Go and Blake

0|0
    0|0
  • my name because then his initials would be rg3 so i'd call him that, rg3 2.0 or rg3tp zero.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lenora if she's a girl, Giacomo if he's a boy.

1|0
    0|0
  • i have no idea

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a boy, it will be named after me. I don't know about a girl name.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wahida = lonely in Arabic. :(

0|0
    0|0
    • It means single/one/lonely.

• For boys, either Scott or Miles.

For girls, I think Violet

0|0
    0|0
  • dovahkiin

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl: Allison
    Boy: Caleb

0|0
    0|0
  • Frodo Baggins.

Jokes aside, i do not plan to have children so i will not have that chance to name one.

0|0
    0|0
  • if I have a girl I wanna name her AHRI

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 30

• I have 2 kids. Their names are Colby Alexander and Anaya Leigh- (prenounced as Ah-Nay-Yuh). I had my sons name picked out since I was like 10 years old. Always loved that name. My daughter was a last minute decision but I absolutely love her name as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the name Dale for a boy. Or Jasper, or maybe Max. For a girl, I have a bunch of names picked out, but my favorites are Marissa, Lyra, Summer, and Kendra. I generally like names that are unique without being too odd or different.

I have no idea what to do about middle names haha. I really want to put a tribute to my mom in there, but I can't find a name that sounds good with hers (Donna).

Anyway, that all being said, my boyfriend and I have very different ideas for names, haha. It's a small miracle we were able to agree on a name for our dog. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't thought of baby names in a long time. It would depend on their last name but I know I would also try to pick something more timeless than trendy and something that isn't unusual enough that would make it easy to Google them.

I've had crazy guys email my work account that they got from googling me when I didn't return their calls after one date. And they didn't even know my last name! They knew my profession and found me on linked in by the and my first name and our city.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would name mine Alicia ( my best friends name) and if it was a boy it would be DJ ( my other best friends name)

1|0
    0|0
    • DJ? Not short for anything?

• Lol these were my baby dolls names haha. But i said I wouldn't name my kids that because its too common :(

• Oddly enough, Charlotte is the name I want for my daughter. I actually want twins. A boy/girl set.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on many factors and my future husband. If my future husband is not Arab I might give them more neutral names unless he wants or doesn't mind giving them an arab name.
    Boy: Adam, Rayan, Hamza, Hedi, Zayn
    Girl: Lilia, Yasmine, Cyrine, Layla, Soumeya , Mariam, Iness

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea. That's something I feel the father and I should decide on together, so I've never really given it much thought.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really like the name Cornelia. Though I doubt I'd actually have any kids so. No idea what I'd name a boy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not sure, something unisex most likely, I only want boys so I only ever think of boys name, so even if I did have a girl I would probably name her something unisex with a female sounding middle name.

0|0
    0|1
  • Boy-James
    the next will be Jaime
    Girl-Maura
    the next will be Ren

and if I raise anymore, they will also have wonderful names :) I like Lucia and Jude a lot as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • For girls I've always loved the name Freya. Or Violet. Not sure about dudes.

0|0
    0|0
    • For some reason I didn't look at the beautiful unicorn as running through a field of wild flowers. Rather, I looked at it and saw a unicorn with tiny legs in a field of wild flowers. Beautiful profile picture, short legged or not.

• Not really sure. I like Tobias for a boy and Elizabeth for a girl, I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dudette - Onnellisuus
    Dude - I don't know man

1|0
    0|0
    • Onnellisuus? Would probably get bullied in Finland lol.

• Show All
    • Onnellisuus does. Onnillisuus doesn't. It's like saying heppiness instead of happiness. And Onnelisuus in general is just not something you'd name someone. Like kirjallisuus, muodollisuus, salaisuus... It's just a word. And many other words are just like it. I don't know it's like naming your kid Book. Or Table.

• @lumos I would name my kid gloves only because it sounds good. It's my favorite word in English.

And yeeeah hahaha of course it doesn't mean anything haha I didn't realize I wrote it wrong.

But let's say book or table mean less than happiness. Happiness is such a beautiful thing.

• lucile, lucy, lacey, olivia,

Friedrich, henry, oliver, rhydian, alfred, Casper, Theadore

0|0
    0|0
  • People legit already plan this? Damn

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't necessarily out my hopes on names because a lot of times the significant other will want to put their insight into making as well and if they are from a different culture then that can affect it as well. I really like foreign names, I think Egyptian ones are pretty for a girl. So Amanya would be a nice name.

0|0
    0|0
  • For a girl, my boyfriend and I like Na├»ma or Jeelsah. For a boy we like Jaro.
    I don't like names that are very common.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rebekah LeAndra, after both my sisters. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl: Annabelle, Chelsea, Kim
    Boy: Maximilian, Alessio, Romeo or Brett

0|0
    0|0
  • Something Persian

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the name Amelia for a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a girl: India
    It it's a boy: Seth

0|0
    0|0
  • Heart

0|0
    0|0
  • Luna Rosemary or Christian Zachary

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl-Jade or Aspen
    Boy- Jace or Roran

0|0
    0|0
  • Colin Patrick or Samantha Leigh

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostachio for a boy
    Dramatopedia for a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl- Rachelle
    Boy- Zack or Chris

0|0
    0|0
  • Liam, Aidan, Damian, Spencer, Noah - boy names. (just a few)

Aria, Meghan, Annabeth, Hanna, etc. - girl names. ( to name a few)

0|0
    0|0
  • If a girl i will go for Layan , Celiena or Ameera
    If a boy maybe Malik or Adam

0|0
    0|0