"A man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man"?

Do you agree or disagree?
And no this is not my actual opinion, I just want to know your thoughts

• Agree
  • I don't know
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Guy

• Many people use the argument that women are smaller and fragile therefore it's worse to hit them.

It's a double standard. Because if a small man walks up to a big dude and punches him in the face and then get knocked out by the big man, most people would call the small man a dumbass who had it coming.

If a woman does the same thing to a man and get what is coming to her then it's an outrage. Somehow women are usually not held to the same standards as men when it comes to violent behavior and responsibility for their actions.

That being said.
    Nobody should hit anyone and we don't need double standards either.

• I would call that small man a dumbass because he punched the big guy in the face and expected him not to punch back...

I would also call a woman who goes up to a guy and hits her a dumbass because if you punch a guy you don't get to cry abuse when he hits you back.

But I don't think that was the question. It wasn't "If the person hit you first, is it worse if a woman hits a man or if a man hits a woman?"

And in that case, if a man (who is typically stronger) comes at a woman (who is typically smaller and more fragile) and hits her, it is worse than if a woman goes at a guy because less harm will come out of it. That's pure generalization. Really what's worse is the stronger person that hits the weaker person, but since people want to put a gender on it, that fits best.

• I fully agree.

• @Mekkalyn Anyone who is the aggressor and hits first is wrong peroid. A guy hitting a girl is no worse because of strength regardless if he can do more damage. Don't pick fights you can't win. Ultimately I would not hit a woman in self defense because the law won't be on my side very likely. She punched me and breaks my nose. I punch her and she's knocked the fuck out. I will be arrested because I did more severe damage even if in self defense. Sorry I fight good and I'm strong. Not my fucking fault. Don't hit and you won't be hit. If things were not that way, if a woman hit me I'd have no qualms or moral objections for KOing her. Don't start fights you can't win. It's that simple.

Most Helpful Girl

• The are equally bad and wrong.
    Regardless of the excuse some females make to justify hitting men, a small female is just as capable of hurting a large man than a large man is of hurting a small female. A blunt object to the back of the head will kill you regardless of who swings it.

Sadly our society see's it as being ok for women to hit and even without a second thought put it in ads, tv shows, movies, magazines... as if it is no big deal, because of constant pushed false propaganda which says only women are victims of domestic violence, when over 286 different studies show that it's equal.

• "when over 286 different studies show that it's equal. "
      You mean that link touted by anti-feminists and MRAs which consists of repeats (ie listing the same studies over and over), outdated studies, studies which skew what is domestic violence (ie not loving your partner is domestic violence), and studies which use the heavily flawed CTS (ie counting self defense as reciprocal violence)?

• @udolipixie Actually NO. But thanks for trying. Domestic violence is a female HITTING a MALE! No one says "not loving someone is dv", but I enjoy your attempt at shaming a serious issue. It's typical of feminist like yourself. It's actually embarrassing that you are attempting so badly to disprove as issue that actually faces men while I'm sure you stand behind the idea that feminism is about "equality".

LIST: http://web.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

Non-Reciprocated Violence: Whitaker DJ, et al. "Differences in Frequency of Violence and Reported Injury between Relationships with Reciprocal and Nonreciprocal Intimate Partner Violence," American Journal of Public Health (May 2007): Vol. 97, No. 5, pp. 941–47.

Because you want to focus so much on "how violent men are"... lets talk about how lesbian couple have the highest percent of DV amongst all other couples. How children murdered by a parent are 71% of the time killed by the mother.
      www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/pubs/cm06/cm06.pdf

Excuse it all you want. Biased feminist stats don't hold up.

• I'm sure all the men killed or maimed by women for bullshit reasons only to have them get little to know punishment for the bullshit excuse of "mentally unsound" or whatever... yeah they appreciate your support of "equality".

THIS IS FEMINISM FOLKS... See it live and in person. Excusing and ignoring the mountain of scholarly evidence that men are equally abused because it doesn't fit their bullshit idea that men are monsters.
      Tries to turn the conversation to somehow show that no no men are bad ummm-kay.

It only takes 5 seconds on Google to find endless articles of women murdering, maiming, or hospitalizing men over stupid shit and getting away with little to no punishment because they were female. So lets stop pretending it doesn't happen because you don't want to admit your bullshit ideology is garbage.

What Guys Said 44

• Violence is wrong in general. If you want to get technical, the reason a man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man is because of level of damage. Women have weaker bone structure and also muscle density, so they can't hit as hard and they take more damage from less force.

Now. Women have hands. So, they can pick up dangerous objects and inflict equal or more damage on men. So, if you ask me, violence is wrong based on level of damage inflicted. People typically say a man hitting a woman is awful because men are twice as strong as women, pound for pound. So, a woman hitting a man isn't as dangerous to men, generally. The prevailing idea is that a man should be able to protect himself from a weak woman.

Though. I grew up with my mother beating the shit out of my father. Because of the prevailing idea of a man should not hit a woman, he never--not once--did he raise his hands against my mother. Even when she was chasing him with knives and literally cutting him. Pots, pans, glass, metal, brooms, chairs. As comical as it sounds, Flinstones-ish, she was out to damage him. Even when he was dripping blood, he just tried to calm her down. Now, she was mentally ill, so I don't blame her. But, my dad never hit her. Even when she could have killed him. If you ask me, I think he was wrong. He risked his life just to avoid damaging her.

Point being, even if it's worse for a man to hit a woman with fists than a woman hitting a man with her fists--women can still fuck men up. They do so all the time.

If you want to determine perceived male value versus female value, then you'll have to rephrase the question, I think.

• People will normally argue size difference and that even if the woman strikes first, the guy should just "take it like a man".

However what if there's a size difference with two people of the SAME GENDER?
    What if a 5'9 guy who weighs 150lb starts talking shit to a 6'2 guy who weighs 190lbs at the bar and decides to slap him in the face?

How many people will have sympathy for the smaller guy if the bigger guy hits back?
    I'm guessing not many. They'd say the smaller guy should have known better than to pick a fight with a guy who is clearly stronger.

I've seen youtube videos where women smash bottles over a a guys head just for making a rude comment and people will say " Oh he had it coming".

Or sometimes a woman will repeatedly insult and slap a guy until he finally loses it and hits her back... once again guys fault.

• Depends who you're asking to. Ask a reasonable person and they would disagree. Ask the law and they will agree.

• No, if it's not in self defense it's equally bad. Yes, most men can probably do more damage hitting than most women, it's still equally wrong.

On the subject of DV, ask yourself if this is likely to happen:

A guy comes home from work. His lovely wife greats him at the door, gives him a kiss, and a hug and tells him how glad she he's home and that she missed him. She has a delicious steak waiting on the table for him with a fluffy rice pilaf and baked potato. Even a sumptuous desert of warm chocolate brownies. She even put walnuts in them! Then after dinner he takes a shower, and she sucks all the sap out of his balls like no one ever has. After that he just punches the shit out of her and breaks her nose. Likely to happen? I doubt it.

Let me say there is no justification for DV. NONE. That said women who nag, hen peck and berate their men often cause him to result to the only method of conflict resolution he knows. Physical violence. He's not going to argue with her and win. He's not going to escape to the garage, she'll follow him right out there and continue her BS. So he results to the same conflict resolution he uses with guys when they run their mouths and won't shut the fuck up and leave him alone.

The question I'd ask is what is she doing to illicit that type of response? No a woman isn't responsible for a man's behavior, but no one is going to convince me every case of male on female DV is the result of a macho controlling husband who is just an abusive gorilla. Sure some guys are that way and fuck them for being so. Some guys simply reach their limit. It's not right either, but it's understandable in some cases how it happens. Nothing for nothing I've seen more than a few women who do need a good punch right in the mouth for running it carelessly and being a nasty cunt. It's called an attitude adjustment. Ass whippings teach lessons. Some people don't know when it's time to cool it. That said I don't condone DV or excuse it but can understand why it occurs.

I work in law enforcement for my livelihood. I can tell you with out a doubt the amount of females I've arrested for DV vs males is far, far higher. Probaly about 6 or 7 to one. The females are great actresses too and usually see nothing wrong with physically assaulting a male. Their attitude is typically "he's a guy, he can take it, what's the big deal?" My attitude is the law is the law for both males and females, now turn around and put your hands behind your back or I'll do it for you.

• I see a man hitting a helpless woman I stop him.

I see a woman hitting a helpless man I stop her.

• I think both are equally bad.
    The people who say agree are probably saying that because they think a woman can't hurt a man as bad a man can hurt a woman.
    But to me no matter how much you hurt the other person, even if it didn't hurt them at all, hitting them is wrong in the first place

• Yes, I agree with your sentence. However both men and women should not hit each other, it applies to both, but yes I do agree with what you say.

• violence by the stronger towards the weaker is abuse.

• It's abuse either way. No one has the right to put their hands on someone else without lawfully just cause.

• It depends, it isn't something that's black and white. If a man purposely attacked a woman or a woman purposely attacked a man it would be wrong, there's no call for that sort of behavior and in that sense the scenario is equal. However I would say that generally speaking, a man is usually larger and stronger than a woman, and him hitting her could be seen as worse or more cowardly. And while I realize such an instance can be subjective, I'd venture to say most people would agree it is worse. However if a woman attacks a man and he defends himself, regardless of their size or strength differences, I see that as being no different than two men fighting.

• Assault is assault regardless of sex or ethnicity.

• Women are weaker, more fragile, a man hitting a woman is worse. It is bullying...

Kicking a defenseless animal is bad, fighting off a wild dog is ok. Abuse in humans is usually closer to the former. Women who get beaten are broken down and manipulated into submission of the worst kind.

Of course, a woman doing this to a man is equally wrong, but it just doesn't happen as much. (sex slave trade as proof)

• Lmaoing at vote results and they still bitch about equality lol

• Ethically? It's equally wrong. Speaking in generalizations? Yes, it's "worse" in the sense that a "typical man" is far more capable of inflicting serious bodily harm to a "typical woman" with his hands than the other way around. Obviously not everyone fits that generalization though.

• Well society is still wrapped around the fact it is bad for a women to hit a man. I suppose since guys have more power behind their hits, its worse

• No, people should just stop being so VIOLENT

• Equality my ass.

• Man hitting a woman is worse because generally man is stronger than woman.
    Its stupid to say both are equal that's like saying a toy car running over a real car and a real car running over a toy car are the same thing.

• It's aggression regardless of gender.

• Although I agree that hitting anyone is bad, I am more inclined to say that a man hitting a woman is worse. All I know is that I would never hit a girl ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Disagree, it's just the consequences which are usually worse. haha

• Disagree. Hitting is straight up wrong, no matter who you are.
    Shocking how people can't follow the first rule that we learned in preschool: "No hitting". Jesus, it applies to the rest of life, too.

• no. you shouldn't hit any other person no matter what, except if it's for defending yourself or someone else.

• No one should hit anyone.

• I'm indifferent on the matter to be honest I have no problem hitting either.

• I disagree.

• due to the sexual dimorphism in our species, it's usually worse when a man is hitting a woman.

exceptions aren't worth mentioning.

• Disagree, violence is violence, doesn't matter from who it comes

• we live in a equal society. bothy is equally bad.

• people shouldn't be hitting people

• As my grandmother said (may she rest in peace) "If you raise your hand in violence towards anyway, regardless of your age, size, or gender, you deserve to get hit back".

Anyone hitting anyone is bad. Gender is irrelevant.

• More from Guys
    14

What Girls Said 18

• In MOST SITUATIONS, a man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man because the odds are that the man is stronger and will cause more damage. Lets just be real: most women do not possess an equal or larger amount of strength as a man. This is usually because most women do not focus on building legitimate strength and if they work out, it's usually with a goal to look hot, not to kick ass. A lot of females don't even care to learn how to throw a proper punch. So generally, most females will cause minimal damage to a guy if they hit him. Whereas due to male anatomy, men are typically stronger and even a physically weaker guy could easily but a woman's lip open or give her a black eye.

It's not okay for anyone to cross that boundary and physically hurt someone else out of anger.

• Both are horrible.
    But if you really want to nitpick and say which is worse, I'd say a man hitting a woman with his full strength IF he is stronger than her. Or a woman hitting a man with her full strength IF she is stronger than him.

Basically, whomever hits harder is worse.
    They are both horrible and violence is for the uneducated.

• "A man hitting a woman is worse than a woman hitting a man"?
    C. Disagree

Just like I disagree with the notion that a gal being promiscuous is worse than a guy being promiscuous. In my opinion both work on the same 'logic' that because it is harder for one gender (harder for gals to hurt guys/harder for guys to have sex) that the other gender is suited to be slighted for it.

• It's exactly the same, in my opinion. I mean, I guess it depends on the situation because someone hitting out in self-defense probably shouldn't be considered as bad as someone attacking for no reason, but just based on gender, there shouldn't be a difference.

• 1) Both are wrong and I won't condone it unless in self defense
    2) Not all hitting is beating so we can't act like it is
    3) and yes, I do think typically a man hitting a woman is worse because of the power differential. The first two points are a bigger deal.

• I think they're both bad regardless of who is getting hit and who is doing the hitting.

• I don't think anyone should hit anyone. However, speaking generally men are stronger/more powerful than women, therefore they are expected to exercise control. I don't think it can be gender oriented but rather power/strength oriented. If someone is remarkably stronger/powerful then it would be worse for them to physically act out than a weaker person regardless of gender.

• Anyone getting hit is bad doesn't matter your gender

• It's sad that the biggest majority of women picked A. Sometimes I'm embarrassed for my fellow creatures with vaginas...

• Usually a woman hitting a man is more out of self defense and we women are fragile while men don't seem to take pain as much as we do

• I don't agree. It's abuse either way, and it's wrong, period.

• Both of them are bad but most of the time it is worse when a man is hitting a woman because he is stronger than her

• Disagree. No one should be hitting anyone

• double standards

• I agree *runs and hides from people getting mad at my answer*

• No because although a man could do more damage physically both genders will cause a lot of psychological harm to their partner which unlike a wound cannot be bandaged and healed.

• I agree only because most men are stronger than a woman and it will hurt her more. I think it's wrong BOTH ways though.

• So if she hits me with a pan it's ok? :)

• @AleDeEurope I pictured hitting as an open palm slap...

• I don't think any one should hit any one else.