Would you join the military? Or How was your experience in the military?

• I would join
  • i wouldn't join
  • I have and i liked it
  • i have and i hated it
the us military please
anyone else join

Most Helpful Girl

• I only made it through boot camp but i loved it.
    If i could do it again l would but i got sick in boot camp so i can't.
    :[

Most Helpful Guy

• I went through Army ROTC, was commissioned into the US Army as an officer and served in the Reserves for 8 years.

There's a lot of good things about the military... there's a lot of bad things about it.

It's not for everyone.

What Girls Said 7

• I actually wanted to when I was younger
    The notion of shaving my head and being a badass lady was something that was thrilling apparently 😂

• Actually Army regulations say a woman CAN'T shave her head.

AR 670-1 Female hairstyles may not be eccentric or faddish and will present a conservative, professional appearance. Short hair is defined as hair length that extends no more than 1 inch from the scalp (excluding bangs). Hair may be no shorter than 1/4 inch from the scalp (unless due to medical condition or injury), but may be evenly tapered to the scalp within 2 inches of the hair line edges.

Sorry.

• @Dubhlann I'm talking about russian military mate 😂😂

• I don't support institutionalized murder.

• Who is gonna fight isis, what kind of murder is that? Isis wants to kill americans, is defending those who are innocent murder. I do not agree with accidents or purposeful killings of gov'ts but self defense is necessary

• just remember how the US was made independent, how the holocaust was stopped, and how many genocides were stopped (hotel rwanda was so bad because the MILITARY LEFT). Us made isis is kinda true, but what im trying to say is us doesn't tell individual people go join isis, isis is stil here because of extremist. I just want a job and a place to stay, thats all

• How do you tell a civilian from a terrorist? You can't. More innocent lives are lost in warfare than any other. If you're okay with killing people who have done nothing wrong, you're the problem. And the American attitude of "we need to stick our noses where it doesn't belong because Murica" creates far more problems than it solves.

• It was always appealing to me, but I wouldn't join cause I find war pointless and wouldn't want to go in one. I do like army in a way of concept, discipline, endurance, firearms etc.

• I wanted to go, but my mom wasn't having it. She wants me to stay home, and go to college in our city. I wanted to go though.

• No I wouldn't

• I was going to join, I even did ROTC for 4 years. But an illness prevented me from actually joining.

• which one (i want to know if im eligible

• THANKS, sorry about what happened to you

• It's alright. Things happen, thank you. And good luck to you!

• No, I definitely wouldn't join.

What Guys Said 7

• Where I live military service is mandatory for all men but I didn't have to go because I am almost blind. If I had had to go, I would not have wanted to go. I'm very much against standing armies. In fact, I'm a member of a political organization that fights for the abolishment of the military in my country (like it is the case in Costa Rica). I'm not a pacifist but I am against all wars that are currently fought in the world. They are all pointless and a shame for humanity. I am particularly against superpowers such as the US or Russia fighting their pathetic proxy wars. On top of that, the military in my country is extremely pointless. Every single year, the government of Switzerland spends 5 billions Franks (roughly 5,2 billion dollars) on the military. For such a tiny country, that is A LOT of money. Yet, Switzerland hasn't been involved in a war for nearly 200 years (the last military conflict was with Napoleon Bonaparte). The money my government wastes for this crap could be invested much, much smarter.

• I tried when I was 20 but failed the piss test. The recruiter even bought some quick clean stuff, guess I didn't use it correctly..

• My dad was navy 20 years but that life isn't for me

• Where I live in it's obligatory but even if it wasn't I would join the military. Thinking of joining the special forces.

• I wouldn't join, but if the draft came back, I'd be proud to serve.

• No, fuck being a sandbag for a corrupt government.

• No, I don't think I would like that. Exercise isn't my thing.