A girl asked me to hang out, but I dont feel ready to meet her yet, can I postpone for the week after?

I seriously can't go though with it and all my insecurities are showing up. Last time I was out on a date / for coffe was fucking 4 years ago and now I am in a new country and I have no idea how I am supposed to act. Would she blow me off if I say that I am busy working on an assignment (I actually do have assignments to work on) and ask her to meet a week after instead?

bump

Most Helpful Girl

• If you seem sincere about wanting to postpone to a certain day next week, do it. Tell her you gave to focus on an assignment, but are free on Monday or whenever next week. You can offer a few days and times you're available, showing that you're opening your schedule up to find time to see her.

Most Helpful Guy

• GET IN THERE MY FUCKING BROTHER!
    GOOD LUCK MAN, I'M PROUD OF MY BOY! :')

*WAITS FOR MY DATE*
    *YEARS PASS* 😂

What Girls Said 5

• Of course you can, but what is going to change between now and next week that hasn't changed over the last four years?

• No. We are meeting next week end of story!

• Seriously though. Don't blow her off. Just meet for coffee. It's an hour of your time.

• Well I'll be in your corner! Good luck 💚

• thanks coach :D

• You can go with that... but I advocate transparent honesty. Just tell her you need a little more time to get comfortable with her; at least then if she blows you off you know she wasn't worth the time.

• Just read you told her to do it the next week.

Well, make sure the next week you are ready for it. Don't blow the chance lol go out and have fun. What could go wrong? Okay.. Don't think about the question XD just go with the flow.

• I find it totally understandable to wait a week or so, especially if you are busy or not feeling right just yet. Some people are more understandable than others, I hope she will understand, too.

What Guys Said 0