I think I offended this indian chick? not dot indian but the red feather indian?

this girl told me she was indian n i started to say "Iroquois, there a quois, everywhere a quois, quois"a nd i think she got offended should i apologise or is she overreacting

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's funny, and I have my Navajo Nation papers right over there in my drawer. But I'm also a chill chick who had 4 brothers.

Just think of it as a filter. You are obviously not compatible with someone who takes this kind of shit so seriously, so, yr attitude should be "Good riddance." If someone laughs at this, she's more likely to be yr type.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless she's a real (or at least half-blooded) native American, I'd say she was overreacting. There are some Americans who like to claim that they are "native American" but what they really mean to say is "the grandfather of my grandfather's father's cousin was native American". In that case, her reaction would be silly. If, however, she is a real, full-blooded native American, I would understand her reaction. It might still be a little over-the-top but native Americans have been discriminated a lot in the past, so it's understandable that they've become very itchy about the topic.

• Except in high native population states. You don't have to be half to be proud. Where I'm from you have to be 1/32nd to count. Doesn't seem like a lot but to them it really is. They are super proud of their heritage.

• Native American is still Native American unless you're what's know as a "five dollar Indian".

• She is 92!

What Girls Said 7

• Offensive right there! You know damn well that was offensive. The whole title of the question is offensive. You seem ignorant I don't think ignorance can be apologized for. It's almost as patronizing and insulting when you say sorry just bc you were caught.

• i dont really get it, what does it mean?

• ur cute.

• Oh I know 😇

• "not dot indian" not all indians have dots on their forehead you complete idiot

• the majority do u complete idiot where did the fucking bindi come from japan? no it came form india hence dot indians go sniff gasoline.

• Why did you say something that stupid in the first place? Do you have a mental disorder?

• You got ta be careful the curent climat is that of political corectness, the iront of that is the highest rated forma of entertainment are ratchet to say the least.

• whaaa? hahahaha

• You win the dumbest mother fuck-er of the week award

• What language were you speaking in?
    I would be more weirder out than offended.

What Guys Said 6

• Being as you're obviously highly articulate and urbane, I can't imagine you uttering an offensive phrase. Thus, some level of misunderstanding must be the cause of your dilemma. Since the Indian "chick" in question if a "red feather" one and not a dreaded "dot", I'm certain an offering of some colorful beads will bring the relief you seek.

• Yes you did and yes you should

• That is hilarious, she is overreacting.

• I think you're just stupid...

• Lemme guess my man. You're white dude right?

• Dude even your question is highly offensive.