Am I shallow? (filler)?

Am I shallow for being annoyed when my boyfriend promises to take me out to lunch and then only buys me a coffee? He tends to always do this and I'm extremely generous with my wallet.

• No- you're right to feel the way you do.
  • You are shallow

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah, he is being cheap and flaky. If I say I'm going to do something, I will deliver. Sometimes things come up and I can't make it. And that's life. I would close your wallet. And see how he reacts.

I've had some really good friends of mine who would just mooch of girls all the time. Kinda pathetic.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's not shallow. He should quit being vague. If he only means coffee, then he should say coffee, not lunch. If he means lunch, then more than coffee should be involved. Like actual food. He shouldn't make promises he can't keep, even if it's something basic like this. Especially if he knows he doesn't have a lot of money (does he?), he shouldn't try to take you out.

What Guys Said 10

• No your not he should not make promises and nit keep them.

• Depends how much money he has I guess. If he's only got enough to buy you a coffee, fair play. If he's showing up in a 2016 Mercedes wearing Armani and smoking Cubans, maybe he's being a bit tight. :P

• No you just want him to reciprocate.

• My ex was like your boyfriend. Now she is my ex.

• No, if he says lunch, it should be lunch, not just coffee :p

• Nope I don't think so.. il he is not treating you right...

• Every female is shallow

• well he did take you out he never promised food

• A coffee is not lunch.

• Yes it is for anorexics

• I chose No but i do not agree with that as it isn't what i would have chosen.

For me, it depends on his reasons and whether he thinks going out for lunch means just a coffee. Or that he would like to buy you a full lunch but is broke and just can't.

Best answer i can give sorry.

What Girls Said 4

• Did he SAY the word lunch? Because word is bond. Without his/her word a person is nothing, really. Even if it's stupid shit like that.

I mean, my man'd bleed your generous wallet straight dry, girl, yeah he would. But if he promised you lunch, then, at least you'd get lunch.
    With him, I gotta be careful what I wish for, because I'll ALWAYS get it. <3

If he promised, call him on that shit. Word up, boy?

• I always like to get what I give or else I ll feel used. I wouldn t say this is shallow though

• Noooo ! I would be kind of throwed off also like.. I want dinner not coffee.

• U gotta be the whore not him. I know but let him sell some crack. He too can make lotta money